New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    kahit ako president maguguluhan ako eh. hehehe...

kasi hinde mo alam kung anu dapat talaga

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    this thread will be merged with the existing hostage-in-iraq thread in the same forum (Pitstop) shortly

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I believe that this is an example of those situations wherein anyone who becomes the president of our country has to thoroughly evaluate the decisions he/she makes such as the one regarding sending Filipino troops to Iraq. Personally, I feel that this government didn't seriously take into account all the possible repercussions of making such a decision, given the volatility of the situation in Iraq, it should have been obvious to the government that this might happen. My point is that once the government has "supposedly" thought through a decision then they should completely stand by it or else our standing as a country will be ridiculed by others for caving in quickly when the going gets tough (kumbaga nakukuha lang pala sa takutan ang PIlipinas). Besides, (as wreckless pointed out) we are dealing with terrorists, are we so sure that they will honor their statements of freeing the hostage after the Phils. follows their demands?

Also, I feel that the actuations of the government in the last few days has provided the world with the perception that this government is very disorganized. Isn't it just common sense to give out news that the hostage has been released when he is safely in government hands? Why do we keep hearing so many people issuing different statements? The government should have assigned only 1 or maybe 2 officials to give the public confirmed news and/or official govt. statements regarding the situation and not having the govt. trip over themselves by having several people issuing completely different statements/news. Filipinos should be given some news about the situation instead of having a news blackout which gives rise to doubts from the people that the government is keeping quiet because it's only doing damage control instead of being on top of the situation.

Just my opinion.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    well, let's call a spade a spade and openly admit that our GMA government is indeed very disorganized, rather than pretending to the world that everything's all right hehehe

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mbt,

Now that you mentioned it, I was just trying to be diplomatic about it. I totally agree with you that this government is so disorganized. I guess it's mostly caused by the fact that they're all trying to get pogi points from the people to cover up their incompetence.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I cant even walk with my head up high in the US of A because of what GMA did.

No one should negotiate with any terrorists especially when terrorists are holding a Civilian hostage.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Originally posted by Karding
    I cant even walk with my head up high in the US of A because of what GMA did.

No one should negotiate with any terrorists especially when terrorists are holding a Civilian hostage.
    Tama ka diyan kapatid.

TALAGANG NAKAKAHIYA ANG GINAWA ng government natin.

With due respect kay Mr. Dela Cruz, we definitely value his life pero eto, ang kapakanan ng buong Pilipinas ang nakataya!

Nakakahiya talagang lumabas ngayon pag nasa abroad ka. Although hindi naman kasi nila naiintindihan na medyo emotional ang pinoy, dahil sa eleksyon nagbibigay siya.....overall ang nakikita lang ng ibang bansa...ang Pilipinas ay nag chicken out sa DEMAND ng Kidnappers terrorist!

Nakakahiya talaga......kahit si Ex Pres. Ramos, drilon, etc...kahit sino yata tanungin mo sasabihin mali talaga ang ginawa ni GMA.

Pag nakita ninyo ang mga news and mga commentaries tungkol sa Pilipinas sa US dahil sa pag atras ng gobyerno...manliliit talaga kayo.

AND ON TOP IT ALL, pumalpak muna ang gobyerno natin sa pag a-announce na pinalaya na and safe na! (secretary pa naman)... si GMA naman tinawagan ang pamilya and pinaalam na lumaya na raw on the way to the hotel na!

KAKAHIYA!!! this is a very sad day for our country.... I think the impact of this event will be even longer lasting sa ating lahat.

May God help us all...

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    kakahiya itong ginawa ni GMA....pag napanood ninyo sa mga news sa US and commentaries sa pag chicken out ng Pilipinas manliliit kayo..

I think at this time, it's a call for a life of 1 man against the fate of a whole nation. Of course with due respect sa nakidnap we mourn for his abduction.

Long lasting ang effect nito sa pananaw ng ibang bansa sa atin. Mababa na nga tingin sa pinoy lalo pang bababa ngayon....

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Natakot si GMA sa magiging backlash dito sa atin if ever na mapugutan itong si Angelo. Ramdam niya kasi parang matatalo si Bush this coming US elections, kaya kahit na sumaliwa si GMA, okay lang kasi, eventually, mawawala din naman si Dubya sa poder.

Sa akin, opinion ko lang: Dapat kasi di na tayo nagpadala pa ng Phil. contingent sa Iraq. Dito lang sa atin magulo na at marami rin tayong problema na dapat ayusin, nakialam pa tayo sa giyera ni Bush.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pakain nyo yang hiya nyo sa anak nyo. buti sila kahit hiya may kakanin. mga anak ni angelo de la cruz walang kakanin pag namatay ang tatay nila.

what national pride are you talking about? yung patuloy na pagsipsip sa utin ni george bush? o yung pag-aruga sa sariling mamamayan? your choice.

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
Angelo dela Cruz (Merged threads)