New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Ang pinoy at ang Starbucks. Latte Loco?
    by bubblygum March 18, 2010

1. Only in the Philippines will you see people ditching the comfort of sipping a cup of Starbucks coffee inside the airconditioned store and preferring instead to sit outside and be soaked dry by the heat of the tropical sun.

The reason? Kailangan makita ng friends/classmates/kakilala ko na nandito ako sa Starbucks! Magpapakasosyal na lang, e di i-todo ko na.

The lesson? Sit where you would be seen easily the most.

2. Only in the Philippines will you see people bringing their laptops inside the Starbucks store and staying there for hours and hours just to avail of the free Wi-Fi.

The reason: Para mukha talagang sosyal, kailangan busy-busyhan gamit ang laptop habang sip ng coffee. Makikisaksak pa yan para maki-charge at naka cross legs pa sa upuan para feel at home. Feeling bahay ko na itong Starbucks. I own it, you know?

The lesson: Make sure to bring your laptop no matter how heavy it is. The attention you will get is priceless, anyway!

3. Only in the Philippines will you see people giving strange names when asked by the barista for their personal name to be written on the cup. The names oftentimes teeter at the brink of being lewd and/or profane (e.g. Lucky T T or Ba Hoko).

The reason: Siyempre kapag sinigaw ng barista yung name, magtatawanan kami ng circle of friends ko. I got the attention I am so craving for again. They are all looking at me o! Bwahahaha!

The lesson: Be prepared with the most attention-grabbing name (those with ***ual innuendos are most recommended) to be written on your cup and later on to be shouted by the drop-dead gorgeous barista who would melt in front of everybody after shouting Lucky T.T. or Ba Hoko.

4. Only in the Philippines will you see people taking pictures of themselves all the time and from all possible angles while sipping their favorite ice-cold frapp. You will be surprised to see how the Starbucks logo is almost always part of the frame!

The reason: I need to upload this in my Multiply, Friendster, Facebook, MySpace, Flickr, Blogspot, Faceparty, hi5, Livejournal, Plurk accountssss-sssssss! I need to anonymously view and comment para maraming views at laging nasa top ako ng page sa updates! My friends need to see na nag Starbucks ako! Sayang P120 ko kapag hindi nila nakita picture ko! Huhuhuhuhuhu….

5. Only in the Philippines will you see people getting a lot of extra sugar, cream and tissue. And when I say a lot, it means its damn too many!

The reason: I paid P150 for my venti java chip mocha frapp, I should at least deserve to get a year’s supply of that fiber tissue with the Starbucks logo on them! Sagarin ko na yung binayad ko, and mahal kasi eh! Penge na rin extra, extra, extra sugar ska super extra, extra, extra na cream [Tapos biglang tago sa bag!]

The lesson: Everybody knows that the coffee is overpriced. So get your money’s worth! Grab as much fiber tissue, sugar and cream sachets that can fit in your bag! And dont forget to bring a huge bag to begin with!

6. Only in the Philippines will you see people gulping on twenty venti cups of frapp in one night just to get the oh-so-precious Starbucks planner!

The reason: !*#$, lahat may naka display na Starbucks planner sa kamay nila! Dapat ako rin! [Sabay tungga ng dalawampung cups ng venti frap] Kahit mejo tinamaan doon sa coffee overdose, makikipila pa rin para ma claim ang Starbucks planner [khit gaano pa ito ka-cheap tingnan]

The lesson: Secretly ask your friends for their stickers to complete your collection. In that way, you won’t be spending 2500 pesos for a stupid-looking planner which you do not intend to write on anyway. Your life is a mess dude! What on earth would you do with a planner/organizer you dumbass!

7. Only in the Philippines will you see people holding on to their Starbucks tumblers while they are, well, practically everywhere - on the streets, inside the train, inside the comfort room, etc. What is ironic is that when nobody is watching, they put in their Nescafe 3-in-1 coffee mix inside their Starbucks tumblers and drink their heart away to cheap coffee. Aaahhhhh, sarap talaga ng 3-in-1!

The reason: Basta may Starbucks logo, sosyal! Kaya kailangan dala-dala ko ito lagi! Keber b nila kung Nescafe 3-in-1 yung nasa tumbler ko! Starbucks ito o! Ayan yung logo, tingnan mo!

The lesson: Never ever let anyone catch you put that Nescafe 3-in-1 coffee mix into your Starbucks tumbler. That will so ruin your reputation among all the Embassy-going folks and ecstasy-sniffing elites out there.

Just as when hundreds of Starbucks stores have started to close shop in every major city around the world, at least three new stores open their doors in Manila [or at least in a lighted street corner somewhere around the city] every month. A bit anomalous isn’t it? The truth is that we are perhaps just in the middle of a brewing (pardon me for the intentional pun) coffee craze, or perhaps Starbucks obsession / Starbucks mania / Starbucks phenomenon - call it by any other monicker, but Filipinos are definitely in love with the Seattle-based coffee chain. Now, how on earth could an American export selling coffee for P120 per cup be such a hit in a third world country like the Philippines where half of the population lives on less than P100 a day?

http://www.pinoytumblr.com/post/4562...oco-err-source

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    so true!

except for 1 and 2, i sit outside kasi i'm a smoker but that depends kung gano kainit sa labas, pag sobra init take out ko na lang. laptop, i've never brought mine at starbucks but i see a lot of students doing their group projects or businessman having their meeting, not just in philippines, kahit sa u.s.a. ganon din. pero 3-7 agree ako, one time may nakasabay ako sa starbucks araneta coliseum order lang ng food tapos humingi ng hot water at nilagyan ng 3in1 tapos kuha ng sobrang dami sugar and tissue nag ka tinginan na lang kami ng mga barista sabay tawanan kami.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I don't agree with number one. Those who sit outside do so to smoke.

This is why I like UCC the best - they have airconditioned smoking areas and you don't have to line up to order.

4. Join Date
    May 2004
    hehehe sabi ng mga guilty, "walang basagan ng trip" LOL

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Merong mga wala talagang pake sa Starbucks culture, those people who really go there for the coffee. Or for the relaxed ambiance. And they don't see the 150 peso price tag as something extraordinary. But of course, this post refers to a different set of people. Eto yung mga estudyanteng inuubos yung baon nila para lang masabi nakapagstarbucks sila. Eto yung mga taong iniisip na ang starbucks ay isang status symbol at sila ay sosyal pag nagstarbucks sila.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Yung no. 2, totoo yan.........

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Ako, I only stayed in their " vicinity " for only twice, and inside pa.

The rest, I just order & leave and go wherever I need to go, syempre while sipping the coffee.

Di ako nagpicture picture dun no, lol. Basta I give my real name get my coffee and go to the places I needed or wanted to go.

Hirap din kasi minsan seats sa Starbucks, ayoko naman sa labas ... puro ehem ehem smokers.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I usually go to coffee shops to kill time (waiting for an appointment, or to relax after a meeting). I stay inside unless we have a smoker among us. Kung pwede nga, gusto ko yung sulok para less istorbo.

The only time I spend half a day or more in them is when I study for a certification exam. I don't know, I guess very conducive ambiance dun and I find myself getting more done compared sa bahay or office. Exceptions apply of course, kung may pumasok ng grupo na napaka ingay. Pero they're a rare occurrence dun sa pinupuntahan ko.

Then the laptop. Well, I need it when preparing for an exam. Then I also need to go online to check my office mails. Being out of the office doesn't mean we're exempted from reading and acting upon urgent emails. Otherwise, I spend time reading and replying to forums such as this.

Marami lang talagang posers. Naka bukas ang libro para mukhang nagaaral pero panay naman kalikot sa iPhone/iPod/Music/Video player.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Starbucks lang ba sosyal?

How about Seattle's Best, Coffee Bean, Bo's Coffee, etc.?

10. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    ^
    I guess Starbucks kasi yung pinaka-kilala kumbaga.

Tindi na nung #7. 3-in-1 hahaha. Naalala ko yung kaklase kong mokong.

Tara punta tayo Starbucks. Tapos hingi ka mainit na tubig.

Bakit?

Para ibuhos ko 3-in-1 ko :hysterical:

Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast
Ang pinoy at ang Starbucks. Latte Loco?