• as equals

5 14.71%
  • like they don't exist

7 20.59%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    I can't really speak for too many people because they're not here to defend themselves. But, my mom is one such person. She fits in perfectly with Malu Fernandez' crowd. She seemed charitable enough whenever a beggar dropped by the house asking for food and she seems like a good woman who goes to Church regularly. But, she does have flashes of bigotry (same goes for the crowd she's with). The biggest one I've seen thus far is her hate for "Bisaya" and she will resort to drastic action just to show her hate.

So while I'm happy with my life right now, there's also sadness because a whole half of my life is missing.

Am I proud of her being that way? Of course not. But, she's my mom. We're the same blood. She's as stubborn with her hate as I am in trying to get it out of her system. We're not likely to budge from our positions. That's why I carry the burden of self-exile from the family flock hoping someday she'll come to her senses and accept my wife and her family.
    Alam mo Sir Jun pareho tayo ng dillema... Am not married yet but as an only child, I never really had the chance to enjoy sharing my lovelife to my mom. It was always a secret coz for her, there was never a time that a man was good enough for me. Not even now am in my thirties, she still hates the idea of me getting married and having a family. But when I see her very happy with my nephews and nieces, I always ask myself, "What about my happiness?" or "When will she be happy for me?"
    It's difficult, I know but I pray hard that someday, she too can come to her senses and just let me be! Haaay..... Buhay nga naman!

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Ito lang po ang masasabi ko para sa ating lahat:
    "Ang hindi lumingon sa pinanggalingan, ay hindi makakarating sa paroroonan!"
    In short, lets be humble and everything else will follow!

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    meron diyan sa philippine chinese chamber of commerce na ranking official na akala mo sinong mabaiit pero di maayos ang buhay pata kapatid niloloko sa business deals madugas talaga mukhang pera....pakitang tao pwe!!!

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyRider View Post
    Alam mo Sir Jun pareho tayo ng dillema... Am not married yet but as an only child, I never really had the chance to enjoy sharing my lovelife to my mom. It was always a secret coz for her, there was never a time that a man was good enough for me. Not even now am in my thirties, she still hates the idea of me getting married and having a family. But when I see her very happy with my nephews and nieces, I always ask myself, "What about my happiness?" or "When will she be happy for me?"
    It's difficult, I know but I pray hard that someday, she too can come to her senses and just let me be! Haaay..... Buhay nga naman!

Ma'm..........naiyak naman ako........

(joke po...)
    Last edited by chua_riwap; August 26th, 2007 at 03:35 AM.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    Napansin ko lang yung mga taong minana lang sa magulang o kaya sinusuportahan ng magulang na mayaman kadalasan sila ang mayabang at matapobre. Pero yung galing sa hirap at yumaman kadalasan sila yung simple lang at rumerespeto sa mahihirap.
    Bro.,- mukhang baligtad ang aking nao-obserbasyon.....

3505:kodak:

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    i can't really generalize, because i know only a few "high society" class. they do act ok when they're with us. but there are always flashes of "elitist attitude", which if seen prima facie might be concluded as bigotry. but i believe they were just raised in a different environment.

that's why i'm thankful about those social welfare trips to far flung provinces to help the less fortunate. they get to see life in another light.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyRider View Post
    :offtopic: I assumed that you are still staying with your parents or mom, I think it's time to move out so you can do the things that will make you happy...anyway, you said you are already in your 30's....you are of right age na you have the right to make your own decision, whether you mom agrees or not....

:btw:
    and I thought your the only child? bakit meron kang nephews and nieces?

anyway, minsan yuin mga common tao rin naman feeling na inaapi sila eh ex pag meron altercation between private and public cars, lagi sinasabi mahirap lang sila kaya ganun, ganito etc...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    bottom line... wlang breeding isang tao pag sya ay vindictive and judgmental it can be both mayaman man o mahirap... kasi wla ni sino sakanila karapatan gawin sa kapwa nila yun...

9. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    and I thought your the only child? bakit meron kang nephews and nieces?
    ah... eh... Meron po kase akong mga pinsan na me mga anak na kaya yun ang mga panagkin ko... Yun ang kinalolokohan ng mom ko...

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    :offtopic: I assumed that you are still staying with your parents or mom, I think it's time to move out so you can do the things that will make you happy...anyway, you said you are already in your 30's....you are of right age na you have the right to make your own decision, whether you mom agrees or not....

and I thought your the only child? bakit meron kang nephews and nieces? anyway, minsan yuin mga common tao rin naman feeling na inaapi sila eh ex pag meron altercation between private and public cars, lagi sinasabi mahirap lang sila kaya ganun, ganito etc...
    brod shadow,ang mga anak ng pinsan mo ay pamangkin mo na din iyon ,

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Ang mga Sosy mababa ba ang tingin sa kapwa Pilipino