22 64.71%
  • as equals

5 14.71%
  • like they don't exist

7 20.59%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    imho, i've encountered quite a few "poor" people who are quite mataprobre as well. maybe i'm just being too sensitive, pero madalas akong makakita ng tao sa food court na tatawag pa talaga ng helper na ayusin ung kalat sa table(kahit ilang plastic cups and plates lang ang nakalagay)...i've also seen a few people who treat waiters quite shabbily, parang sobrang ineemphasize ung pagiging customer nila, at ng pagka waiter ng mga waiter(makes sense ba?)

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 6shooter View Post
    Naisip ko lang po it dahil sa mga narinig at nabasa tungkol sa article ni Malu Fernandez. Marami siyang nabanggit na mga Sosyal dun at sa mga ibang articles niya. Kung may mga sumususunod sa mga articles na tulad nung sa kanya either nasa High Society sila o ambisyon nila maging part of High Society diba?

Ang mga naisulat ba niya ay mga totoong naiisip ng mga Sosy tungkol sa common tao? Ang pagkakamali lang ay naisulat niya habang yung iba nasa isip at salita nila?

Mahirap po mag Generalize pero sabihin na lamng natin ang Majority ng mga Sosy ano ang tingin niyo ang tingin nila sa common tao?
    I can't really speak for too many people because they're not here to defend themselves. But, my mom is one such person. She fits in perfectly with Malu Fernandez' crowd. She seemed charitable enough whenever a beggar dropped by the house asking for food and she seems like a good woman who goes to Church regularly. But, she does have flashes of bigotry (same goes for the crowd she's with). The biggest one I've seen thus far is her hate for "Bisaya" and she will resort to drastic action just to show her hate.

To me, it's a big problem because my wife is from Leyte. My wife, daughter, and mother-in-law have not seen my mom face to face up to now. My dad and sister are fine with my wife. But, they're afraid of my mom.

So while I'm happy with my life right now, there's also sadness because a whole half of my life is missing.

My mom is also xenophobic. She looks down on African-Americans and calls them names behind their backs.

Am I proud of her being that way? Of course not. But, she's my mom. We're the same blood. She's as stubborn with her hate as I am in trying to get it out of her system. We're not likely to budge from our positions. That's why I carry the burden of self-exile from the family flock hoping someday she'll come to her senses and accept my wife and her family.

This is also why I'm not likely to resort to name-calling borne out of hate. I mean I do name-call. But, that's among friends and in jest. I do my best not to cross the line where name-calling becomes insulting.

Add: Even in this forum, I know there are such people. A slip of the tongue here and there can be very revealing.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; August 25th, 2007 at 07:54 AM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    :popcorn:

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    :popcorn:
    Hehehehehe

maybe i'm just being too sensitive, pero madalas akong makakita ng tao sa food court na tatawag pa talaga ng helper na ayusin ung kalat sa table(kahit ilang plastic cups and plates lang ang nakalagay)...i've also seen a few people who treat waiters quite shabbily, parang sobrang ineemphasize ung pagiging customer nila, at ng pagka waiter ng mga waiter(makes sense ba?)
    Gusto din daw nila ma-experience pano mag-utos. Buti ako since bata pa lang tinuruan na ko ng parents ko na when dining out always make sure na ibabalik ung seat kahit ganun man lang makatulong sa mga waiter.

Ako mababa ang tingin ko talaga sa mga taong gagawin lahat umasenso lang. Ung maninira pa, magnanakaw, mag-squat tapos sila pa ung may ganang mag-ask for a relocation site -- these people deserves to be looked down in my opinion.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    I can't really speak for too many people because they're not here to defend themselves. But, my mom is one such person. She fits in perfectly with Malu Fernandez' crowd. She seemed charitable enough whenever a beggar dropped by the house asking for food and she seems like a good woman who goes to Church regularly. But, she does have flashes of bigotry (same goes for the crowd she's with). The biggest one I've seen thus far is her hate for "Bisaya" and she will resort to drastic action just to show her hate.

To me, it's a big problem because my wife is from Leyte. My wife, daughter, and mother-in-law have not seen my mom face to face up to now. My dad and sister are fine with my wife. But, they're afraid of my mom.

So while I'm happy with my life right now, there's also sadness because a whole half of my life is missing.

My mom is also xenophobic. She looks down on African-Americans and calls them names behind their backs.

Am I proud of her being that way? Of course not. But, she's my mom. We're the same blood. She's as stubborn with her hate as I am in trying to get it out of her system. We're not likely to budge from our positions. That's why I carry the burden of self-exile from the family flock hoping someday she'll come to her senses and accept my wife and her family.

This is also why I'm not likely to resort to name-calling borne out of hate. I mean I do name-call. But, that's among friends and in jest. I do my best not to cross the line where name-calling becomes insulting.

Add: Even in this forum, I know there are such people. A slip of the tongue here and there can be very revealing.

Mahirap may isang ganyan sa pamilya....

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Napansin ko lang yung mga taong minana lang sa magulang o kaya sinusuportahan ng magulang na mayaman kadalasan sila ang mayabang at matapobre. Pero yung galing sa hirap at yumaman kadalasan sila yung simple lang at rumerespeto sa mahihirap.

7. Join Date
    May 2004
    OT, pero pag kumakain ba kayo sa McDo or Jollibee nililigpit ba nyo ang tray at tinatapon sa basurahan ang pinagkainan nyo?

Quote Originally Posted by Wouie View Post
    OT, pero pag kumakain ba kayo sa McDo or Jollibee nililigpit ba nyo ang tray at tinatapon sa basurahan ang pinagkainan nyo?
    pag nasa abroad sila at kumain sa fast food, nililigpit nila kinain nila kungdi magagalit sa kanila ang kasuno d na kakain...

ko, hindi, matagal kami kumain, at sadyang pinagliligpitan na kami,e...

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    ba't ako pinagtatawanan ako noong kumain ako sa mga fast food joints (makdo, dyalibi) sa pilipinas dahil lang sa pinilit ko na iligpit ang aking kinainan? siguro pulubi tingin sa akin dahil naka cargo short pants and white t-shirt lang ako sa loob...

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Wouie View Post
    syempre naman. nagtataka nga ung mga tao bat ko ginagawa un eh. kung di ko man matanggal ung tray, inaayos ko naman yung kalat para madali lang kunin nung naglilinis.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Ang mga Sosy mababa ba ang tingin sa kapwa Pilipino