New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

^^^ Grabe pala bro. raon....

Mabuti at hindi ikaw ang sinalpok niyan... Malamang kaya nag-swerve iyan,- hindi na niya mai-preno ang sasakyan....

11.7K:samurai:
    Quote Originally Posted by lazyfoot View Post
    Good thing nothing happened to you or your car, i sucks big time to get damaged by other people's mistakes
    Actually, nadali sasakyan ko. Warak ang bumper extender sa likod. Here's a clearer pic:

Quote Originally Posted by docgorio View Post
    I just watched the TV report of GMA...

I don't know but who actually owns the ambulance?? Was it borrowed?? It seems like the ambulance was borrowed from some group in Batangas and the driver is NOT (repeat, NOT) the regular driver of said ambulance...

They shouldn't have allowed this...

Oh well we're all smarter in retrospect...
    A certain "Decena" owns the ambulance from Las Pinas based from the OR/CR. The driver and his assistant seems to be under an agency based on the ID's I was able to gather from the traffic enforcer who drew the police sketch. The ambulance came from Lipa heading for PGH I believe.

Damage-wise, I'm just glad that I was already somehow moving in 1st gear and about to pass the barrier when it hit, otherwise, the entire rear of my car would've been a total wreck. I'll let insurance and my suking-talyer handle the pain of dealing with the other party, and hopefully hindi tinipid ang insurance ng ambulansya nila - else, charge to experience and just expect an increase in my insurance premium.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    good thing that you are in moving pace

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by batang_raon14 View Post
    Actually, nadali sasakyan ko. Warak ang bumper extender sa likod. Here's a clearer pic:

A certain "Decena" owns the ambulance from Las Pinas based from the OR/CR. The driver and his assistant seems to be under an agency based on the ID's I was able to gather from the traffic enforcer who drew the police sketch. The ambulance came from Lipa heading for PGH I believe.

Damage-wise, I'm just glad that I was already somehow moving in 1st gear and about to pass the barrier when it hit, otherwise, the entire rear of my car would've been a total wreck. I'll let insurance and my suking-talyer handle the pain of dealing with the other party, and hopefully hindi tinipid ang insurance ng ambulansya nila - else, charge to experience and just expect an increase in my insurance premium.
    naku bro ikaw pala may dala nung sportivo.. thank god hindi ka totally inabot..

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    *batang_raon14 - you're lucky in a sense that you were pulling out of the booth when the ambulance slammed onto the booth or else your Isuzu would've looked like a Honda Jazz...

Seriously now... Do we have a so-called ambulance driver training here in the Philippines or am I asking too much???

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007

Seriously now... Do we have a so-called ambulance driver training here in the Philippines or am I asking too much???

i dont think we have here in Phil.. just heard over radio na "dapat meron daw" training for ambulance driver including First Aid

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    You wont believe it but in one secondary hospital here in Metro Manila, the Ambulance driver is actually the Janitor, performs CPR also and sometimes do minor suturing.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by compact View Post
    You wont believe it but in one secondary hospital here in Metro Manila, the Ambulance driver is actually the Janitor, performs CPR also and sometimes do minor suturing.
    and cleans toilets in between ... now that's multi tasking ..

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Damn. Racing ambulances? The other two drivers should be charged with recklessness, too.

There's absolutely no reason to be driving that fast in a regular patient transfer (if the patient is that bad off, he shouldn't be transferred in the first place...)

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Damn. Racing ambulances? The other two drivers should be charged with recklessness, too.

There's absolutely no reason to be driving that fast in a regular patient transfer (if the patient is that bad off, he shouldn't be transferred in the first place...)
    ahh, mga sun and the beaches, nagkakarerahan pala......

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    No standardized training. But it doesn't mean there is no training per se. At the company I work for (Aeromed), the drivers do get training. They are first required to be BLS (basic life support) certified and are trained to handle the ambulances (ranging from Nissan Urvans to Mercedes Benz and Ford trauma vans) including maneuvers, how to control the lights and sirens (different situations do call for different combinations), fastest routes, location of different hospitals, etc. They should be trained because they are the official ambulance service of the NLEX and SCTEX and should be well versed in high speed driving.

At Manila Northwest (where I volunteer), drivers are not required to have any basic training in handling patients but still trained to handle the ambulance, manage the various controls (lights, siren, etc.) and be able to do it all while driving/responding at a rapid pace. The area we cover (Gagalangin, Tondo and adjoining areas) have some very tight streets and heavy traffic and the drivers are trained to deal with such scenarios.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Ambulance Skyway Accident (2 Killed)