New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    who would want to name a folder "CON" anyways .. hehe ..

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    does this really affect you guys that much? hehe

3. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Only if your name is Con :-)

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Halatang mga windows boys kayo ah. If you guys started using PCs back in the DOS era - you'll recall kung pano gumawa ng batch files (such as autoexec.bat) using "copy con <filename.bat>" command.

Obviously, it was a reserved word. Much like forward or backward slash - meron silang "function".

Edit: Mods should change the thread title to "Amazing how people think that DOS commands are Windows bugs!"
    Last edited by airshaq20; October 11th, 2005 at 11:10 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by airshaq20
    Halatang mga windows boys kayo ah. If you guys started using PCs back in the DOS era - you'll recall kung pano gumawa ng batch files (such as autoexec.bat) using "copy con <filename.bat>" command.

Obviously, it was a reserved word. Much like forward or backward slash - meron silang "function".

Edit: Mods should change the thread title to "Amazing how people think that DOS commands are Windows bugs!"
    Actually, this CON issue is no big deal to me. My concern is the claim that "the whole Microsoft Team, including Bill Gates" doesn't know about it. This is the portion of the story which made this thread "supposed to be" a big deal.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by IPSG_SlimShady
    Actually, this CON issue is no big deal to me. My concern is the claim that "the whole Microsoft Team, including Bill Gates" doesn't know about it. This is the portion of the story which made this thread "supposed to be" a big deal.

So where did you read about this "claim"? Are you telling us that eversince DOS era, that this "bug" hasn't been discovered?

Might want to read this site so you'll have an idea about basic DOS file naming and what-nots.

http://www.cknow.com/tutorcom/dos04_names.htm

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by airshaq20
    So where did you read about this "claim"? Are you telling us that eversince DOS era, that this "bug" hasn't been discovered?
    Errr... I read it from the first post in this thread?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by IPSG_SlimShady
    Errr... I read it from the first post in this thread?

Are you saying you believe everything people post on forums? Is that your basis for facts?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    are we gonna start veering away from the topic again?!?

jeez.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Amazing MS Windows Bug