New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002

To my friends and the beloved public, please read this.

This #AMALAYER bullshit is being blown out of proportion. Reading the comments/tweets/insults makes me more sick that the video itself. We can do better than this.

Is the Filipino
    social media identity a short-tempered angry mob rather than a pool of informed citizens? Are we supposed to expect to see **** like this every now and then? What's next: TV show na may Suntukan segment against Claudine Barreto? I bet everyone would want that.

The video is simply a mirror to our (westernized) society (disregard the fact that I saw four BIG ASS Bench billboards of four Korean men/boys (idk) in EDSA-Guadalupe tanginang yan)

Think about it these few points.

1. She's rude. SO-****ING-WHAT?!
    Oh no! May bad manners siya. BIG DEAL.

She’s rude and annoying and dumb enough to do it in front of a camera. She's just having a bad day like we all normally do. She doesn’t deserve all the cyberbullying and death threats. You simply don’t know how it feels.

I'm rude. You are rude. Filipino drivers ARE rude. People who violently push and curse their way inside the train are rude. Taxi drivers who pick their passengers are rude. Your governor is rude. Those who murdered of the FOI bill are ****ing rude. The MMDA who just asked for a bribe is rude. Society who cyberbullied the **** out of a law student who was "not informed" of the flood is rude as well as those who bombarded a bully of a Sotto critic with death threats.

Rude has become a norm for Filipinos. We have accepted it. Then suddenly, thanks to a video, we act as if we are all saints.

Condemning someone who can’t say "I'm a liar?" IS RUDE AND ARROGANT. So what kung kupal siya? Ngayon lang kayo nakakita ng kupal on video? Mas kupal yung mob behavior. Kitang kita ang Filipino humility, courtesy and tolerance sa posts niyo. Nakakatawa.

2. I read a comment "Kayo ang yayabang niyo, kala niyo naman gagaling niyo mag-ingles." The reply goes "tara english tayo ano?! I'll destroy you dipshit" (or something like that)

Is English the standard for intellect? Is the English language the barrier of classes?

The answer is this paraphrased comment: “OMG! My driver speaks better English than her! She has no right to boast anything!”

3. "I just hate how she acted like that" (quoted from a comment)
    Like what exactly? Like the bratty blond Hollywood personalities that we have celebrated?

We have westernized the **** out of our society; don’t act surprise when we see the result.

4. What if:
    Replace the guard with a male guard. Replace the girl with a foreign woman - lets say an attractive blonde woman shouting in her British accent.

Will it be viral? Yes. Who will get the sympathy? The woman was just "harassed by the guard"

But the guard probably wouldn't even touch her because he/she would be friggin scared of the almighty westerners. All hail the whites!

You may now proceed on buying Lactacyd Intimate White™ and naming all movies in cheesy English phrases.

5. If this is "The Power of Social Media" according to some blogs/articles, then this means we are as trivial as our TV shows. If this is us being a public eye or a watch dog, then we have failed as a society. We try to move forward but we do things that will lag us. Tangina ang babaw kaya. Ganun na ba tayo na-brainwashed ng sensationalized local programming?

TL;DR - - I'D RATHER BE A RUDE, BITCHY, AND ARROGANT PERSON (who sometimes loses his cool in public) THAN A TRIVIAL-MINDED SELF-RIGHTEOUS HYPOCRITE WHO SHAMES, BULLIES AND EXPELS PEOPLE WITH LITTLE BASIS. (heard she got expelled from her school - some comments are DEMANDING her to be expelled – what offense? Why!? IDK probably "Not speaking proper english during a breakdown bringing shame to our humble institution” that’s why)

We are hypocrites and we are rude to our own nation.
    #amashamed
    Hi, I'm Adi Bontuyan!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    parang ganito lang din yan halimbawa na biktima ka ng "Hit me Gang" tapos bumaba ka ginulpi mo at na kunan ka ng bystander na may ginugulpi ka.. im sure yari ka agad sa mga netizen..

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by NightRock View Post
    parang ganito lang din yan halimbawa na biktima ka ng "Hit me Gang" tapos bumaba ka ginulpi mo at na kunan ka ng bystander na may ginugulpi ka.. im sure yari ka agad sa mga netizen..
    Bat ano ba ang story line kay amalayer?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Why is this even newsworthy again?

This whole phenomenon is a reflection of just how petty we are as a people. All I see are a bunch of proverbial pots calling a kettle black on Facebook because it makes 'em feel good. The time we wasted on watching and commenting on this video is better spent on just about anything else, really.

Move along, nothing to see here.

5. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    ayan, sikat na siya........

eto kasama si Barney.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Wala na naman magawa mga pinoy

7. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by piscesboy View Post
    eto kasama si Barney.

Hahaha..star-studded ah..puro sikat ang cast..pero pinakamalupet jan si mang kanor

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    As usual, kung ano ang uso marami ang makikisawsaw kahit napakababaw. Give this a week or two, and wala na iyan kumbaga sa uso, malalaos rin iyan.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I really feel sorry for the girl.... she doesn't deserve the kind of attention she is getting.

IMHO, she is just being human in her reaction.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    HAHAHA! Pati si Mang Kanor nasama! Hindi drama yan. X rated yan!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast