New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sisters outwit carjackers in QC

Two sisters proved late Thursday night they can outsmart criminals by thwarting the attempted carjacking of their luxury car in Mindanao Avenue, Quezon City, police said.

Inspector Ferdinand Villanueva, chief of the Traffic Management Group in the city, named the would-be victims only as siblings "Jenny" and "Cecille." He said the women were able to describe one of the suspects to a police sketch artist.

Villanueva said the siblings went to the TMG office late Thursday night to seek assistance following the attempted carjacking of their Nissan Patrol sport utility vehicle (SUV).

The women said the suspects tailed them as they were neared their home in Mindanao Avenue. They said the suspects were aboard a red Toyota Vios sedan (XLT 939).

As they were about to park the SUV, the siblings said the suspects closed in and tried to open the car's doors.

"I saw one of them holding my sister while the other two were trying to open the car's doors. It was a good thing that we locked ourselves inside as they came nearer," Jenny told investigators.

The siblings also told police that they outwitted the suspects by repeatedly honking the horn to alert passersby.

The suspects gave up and escaped, the siblings said.

Police launched a manhunt for the suspects who are from one of the four carjacking syndicates in the city.

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/storypage.aspx?StoryId=36278

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Good presence of mind! Good thing that they were not shot to bits though by them thugs.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    personally, if I was suspecting someone was tailing my car, I would have NOT parked at my intended destination. I would have gone to a safer area (maybe a nearby police station or higher traffic areas at least) or tried to lose them.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    vios is a luxury car? hehe

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nissan Patrol daw ung dala nung magkapatid, ung dala ng carjackers is toyota vios

pasalamat ung magkapatid at nde sila pinagbabaril

6. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    i have a bet na babalikan sila ... kasi napahiya sila sa news tsk tsk. yari sila.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Mguy
    "I saw one of them holding my sister while the other two were trying to open the car's doors. It was a good thing that we locked ourselves inside as they came nearer," Jenny told investigators.
    Ummm. How where they able to "good thing that we locked ourselves inside as they came nearer", if already "I saw one of them holding my sister"?

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Oo nga buti na lang hindi sila pinagbabaril ng mga carjackers na yun..

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Autobeat
    Ummm. How where they able to "good thing that we locked ourselves inside as they came nearer", if already "I saw one of them holding my sister"?
    Baka naka-lock yung pinto pero naka-roll down yung windows.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman
    Baka naka-lock yung pinto pero naka-roll down yung windows.
    Puwede. Makes sense now.
    Last edited by Autobeat; April 21st, 2006 at 03:26 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Alright!! - 2 girls foils carnapping in QC