New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    AirAsia Indonesia regrets to confirm that flight QZ8501 from Surabaya to Singapore has lost contact with air traffic control at 07:24hrs this morning.

At the present time we unfortunately have no further information regarding the status of the passengers and crew members on board, but we will keep all parties informed as more information becomes available.

The aircraft was an Airbus A320-200 with the registration number PK-AXC.

At this time, search and rescue operations are in progress and AirAsia is cooperating fully and assisting the rescue service.

AirAsia has established an Emergency Call Centre that is available for family or friends of those who may have been on board the aircraft. The number is: +622129850801.

AirAsia will release further information as soon as it becomes available. Updated information will also be posted on the AirAsia website, AirAsia | Cheap flights to Bangkok, Singapore, Hong Kong, Siem Reap, Taipei | Book online now.
    AirAsia | Cheap flights to Bangkok, Singapore, Hong Kong, Siem Reap, Taipei | Book online now

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Air Asia FB page update

[Updated statement] QZ8501
    December 28, 2014 at 1:23pm
    AirAsia Indonesia regrets to confirm that flight QZ8501 from Surabaya to Singapore has lost contact with air traffic control at 07:24 (Surabaya LT) this morning. The flight took off from Juanda International Airport in Surabaya at 0535hours.

The aircraft was an Airbus A320-200 with the registration number PK-AXC. There were two pilots, four flight attendants and one engineer on board.

The captain in command had a total of 6,100 flying hours and the first officer a total of 2,275 flying hours

There were 155 passengers on board, with 138 adults, 16 children and 1 infant. Also on board were 2 pilots and 5 cabin crew.

Nationalities of passengers and crew onboard are as below:
    1 Singapore
    1 Malaysia
    1 France
    3 South Korean
    156 Indonesia

At this time, search and rescue operations are being conducted under the guidance of The Indonesia of Civil Aviation Authority (CAA). AirAsia Indonesia is cooperating fully and assisting the investigation in every possible way.

The aircraft was on the submitted flight plan route and was requesting deviation due to enroute weather before communication with the aircraft was lost while it was still under the control of the Indonesian Air Traffic Control (ATC).

The aircraft had undergone its last scheduled maintenance on 16 November 2014.

AirAsia has established an Emergency Call Centre that is available for family or friends of those who may have been on board the aircraft. The number is: +622129850801.

AirAsia will release further information as soon as it becomes available. Updated information will also be posted on the AirAsia website, AirAsia | Cheap flights to Bangkok, Singapore, Hong Kong, Siem Reap, Taipei | Book online now.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Sana mahanap na

4. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    may nawawala nanaman..tsk..kakalungkot kung kailan saspit ang bagong taon.sana eh ligtas ang lahat ng sakay ng eroplano at walang mangyaring masama isa man sa kanila.

let's pray

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Another Malaysian airline. Tsk tsk tsk
    Signature

6. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    ^^ I think it is owned by Indonesia, if I'm not mistaken.

Wala pa ring updates kung nahanap na. Worst year for aviation. Makes me afraid of travelling na tuloy.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Air Asia Indonesia parent company is Malaysian under Tony Fernandes.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    I hope everything goes well for that plane. Being in a line of work that requires me to travel often, these type of news really bothers me.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Thanks for the correction

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Final Destination

Misunderstanding sees family of 10 miss AirAsia Flight QZ8501
    The Jakarta Post/Asia News Network 9:09 PM | Sunday, December 28th, 2014

Ari Putro Cahyono, a resident of Surabaya, East Java, had mixed feelings after he and his nine family members failed to board the missing AirAsia Flight QZ8501 heading to Singapore on Sunday, after a misunderstanding forced them to miss the flight.

Ari said that he and his family had arrived at Juanda International Airport, Surabaya, at 5:30 a.m. as the flight was originally scheduled to depart at 7:20 a.m., but they later found out that the schedule had been changed to 5:20 a.m.

“I did not read the email notifying the change of the departure schedule,” said Ari as quoted by kompas.com.

The operator had offered Ari the chance to board the next flight, but he refused after being informed at the airport that air traffic control had lost contact with QZ8501 at around 6.30 a.m.

“Me and my family then decided to cancel the trip,” he said.

The aircraft, with 155 passengers on board, including one Briton, one Malaysian, one Singaporean and three Koreans, as well as seven crew, lost contact with air traffic control at around 6:17 a.m. local time.

The plane is reported to have requested an unusual route before it lost contact.

Several officials have suggested that the plane’s last coordinates were located close to Bangka Belitung province.

Read more: Misunderstanding sees family of 10 miss AirAsia Flight QZ8501 | Inquirer News
    Follow us: *inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
AirAsia flight from Indonesia to Singapore missing