New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age finally caught up with her...

MANILA - After nearly 40 years of operation, the iconic Mandarin Oriental Manila hotel will be closing its doors this year.

The Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group on Wednesday announced it will be closing the hotel, located on Makati Avenue, later this year.

"Mandarin Oriental, Manila has been recognized as one of the city’s most iconic hotels since its opening in 1976, and the Group wishes to express its sincere appreciation to all colleagues for their legendary service and support over the years. All hotel colleagues have been informed of the forthcoming closure and will receive full and fair severance payment and appropriate professional guidance,” said Torsten van Dullemen, general manager of the hotel.

Fans of the Mandarin Oriental need not despair, since the group will be managing a new luxury hotel in Makati City.

The Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group said it signed a contract for the branding and management of the luxury hotel, which will open in 2020.

The new Mandarin Oriental, Manila will be owned and developed by Ayala Land Hotels & Resorts. With 275 rooms, the hotel is being positioned as one of the leading luxury hotels in the Philippine capital.

"The new Mandarin Oriental, Manila, which is scheduled to open in 2020, will be part of a mixed-use development centrally located within Makati City," it said. No other details were disclosed.

The Mandarin Oriental opened in 1976 as Manila’s pre-eminent hotel.

While the Mandarin Oriental Manila has been a "much-loved icon," the company noted its "infrastructure and existing facilities are no longer in keeping with the Group’s well-recognized, luxury hospitality offering."

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Mamimiss ko ang Paseo Uno

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sad...
    di kasi sila nakahabol sa upgrades sa mga bagong hotel dito sa makati.
    dyan pa naman manufactured si unico hijo ko.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    it's kinda out of the way din kasi. Mapapa taxi ka if you want to get to Glorietta, e yung ibang hotels lakarin mo lang.

It's hard to imagine how they can earn, mga kita mo binubuhos mo pabalik for upgrades, maintenance, etc. i'd rather own an apartment
    Last edited by badkuk; June 5th, 2014 at 09:23 AM.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    sad...
    di kasi sila nakahabol sa upgrades sa mga bagong hotel dito sa makati.
    dyan pa naman manufactured si unico hijo ko.
    sir sana bumalik kayo dun after nine months, bakasakali dun siya napanganak. You may get your picture on the wall, and a lifetime free stay at that room(e di lalong nalugi ang Mandarin) :D

6. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    it's kinda out of the way din kasi. Mapapa taxi ka if you want to get to Glorietta, e yung ibang hotels lakarin mo lang.

It's hard to imagine how they can earn, mga kita mo binubuhos mo pabalik for upgrades, maintenance, etc. i'd rather own an apartment
    have to agree here, thats one reason kaya pag mag weekend kami sa Hotel either Intercon, Shangrila or New World Hotel kami
    kasi kuanting lakad lang nasa Ayala Mall ka na

7. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Buti pala nakapag-check in ako dito in 2012, for the CFA exams.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    this hotel caters for the expats / visitors in the salcedo area.. dito naka book yung mga expats namin kasi walking distance lang sa Villar and Valero..

Paseo uno na lang yata ang may free flowing drinks sa mga hotel buffet ngayon.. sarap mag inuman dito.. bottomless red wine and beer tapos pulutan eh steak!!

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Mandarin is special to me since this was where my company checked me in when they were still recruiting me.

I like the food at Paseo Uno. Their steaks are good.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App