New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by B2Bomber View Post
    chancer are... some of them might.

just sharing too. back in uni days, one thing that I noticed was that there are always this "same people" who would always be present whichever uni went on strike/rally. this "same people" are not even students of these different unis. they're far too old to be. I even saw the "same people" when the RCPI employees in session road went on strike.

What's more intriguing is that they are more "active" than the people who are suppose to be on strike/rally. Which really got me thinking, if say students of a certain uni or employess of a certain coy really wanted to get something across, and they have the guts to go on strike/rally, then they ought to do it on their own. 'Coz the thing with having these "same people" and them being more active is that the original rallyists' points might get drowned out by these "same people"'s own agenda.

I just hope if students go on strikes, that they wouldn't bother those other students who want to go and attend the class and don't stigmatize them by labelling them "rich kids", "indifferent", etc., etc. Some students may share your cause but they have their own causes too -- their thought/idea that with their education, they can alleviate their family's status.
    Tumpak!

I hate those "career" activists!

Rallyists think that these "supporters" have their best interests in mind? Ha! How wrong they are!

I personally witnessed one rally, during a SONA. Priests and nuns in the foreground peacefully demonstrating in front of the police. Then, you could see something happening in the back of the crowd... radicals in the back, on some cue, started collecting concrete blocks and stones. All of a sudden, these stones were flying twenty feet in the air, over the heads of the other rallyists and at the police.

It was a riot. While the saboteurs snuck away, the cameras were left focusing on police lobbing tear gas at the crowd and arresting nuns and priests. Planado... they started a fight just to get TV coverage. And they let the innocent clergy in the front take the heat for them.

Ganyan din naman sa mga KMU-organized strikes. The KMU comes in... convinces the workers to strike, and once the factory is shuttered, they leave them high and dry. (This has happened time and again in the CALABARZON).

Ibang klase talaga.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    those people / students are just full of enthusiasm. they only think of themselves, their friends, their girlfriends/boyfriends for the moment. - no own families in short. after graduation they will diminish in strength, (going to their chosen field for personal purpose) then mapapalitan na naman ng mga bagong sibol.

though may mga maiiwan, majority of these called activists will be among the future known politicians – sila ang magaling mang uto ng masa, because all they know is pumutak against the government – syempre yung mga mahihirap, kung sino kalaban ng gobyerno doon sila papanig. sa kanila kakampi at boboto.- nagpapakilala na habang mga bata pa…

yung mga sikat na politicians ngayon, try to backtrack kung saan sila nanggaling?

politics – what a great profession

3. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    recently, nakakwentuhan namin ni misis yung isang kaibigan niya na kagagaling lang sa US. meron siya binisita ng mga college friends at isa dun sa mga binisita niya ay dating aktibista. tawa nga sila ng tawa kasi may pa rally rally pa daw dati tapos ngayon andun sa US.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well, that's because most of these "activists" don't have enough real-world experience to back their talk up.

Which leads them to quickly jump to conclusions based on gossips and half-truths. They don't think about the long-term implication and consequences - it's just a spur of the moment thing coupled with the bandwagon mentality.

What's more irritating are these "career activists" that someone mentioned earlier.

As I've said before, you can do better things with your time and effort than join these rallies. Volunteering in an NGO is one thing, instead of shouting your lungs out while no one listens you can instead make a real change / difference in another person's life.

bigbigcar.com Comparison: Hyunda Veracruz versus Mazda CX9

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Napapansin nyo ba ABSCBN (TV Patrol/Bandila) allots a lot of free airtime for activists to speak their mind? (anti-govt, anti-business)

While ABSCBN's lifeblood is revenues from sale of expensive commercial airtime to corporations?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Dito sa forum palang meron na eh heheheh.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Hmmm. What's interesting is when I was there, I had absolutely no interest in politics. I can't recall any anti-US rallies back then. But, I can recall one sincere friend who was allegedly NPA by his own admission. Kinda gave me the goosebumps when he told me. But, he said they were after only those who were corrupt. Weird. Very weird. He never threatened me nor tried the brainwash bit. As far as I was concerned he was a friend, nothing more.

My sister was a 2x UP grad as well. I don't know if she was an activist. Quite frankly, I don't care. But, I wouldn't be surprised if she was. She never did go back to the US like I did.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; July 25th, 2008 at 06:52 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Yung mga KMU and Gabriela...naghihirap daw sila pero dami nila nababayran pang rally.

yung mga distant relative namnin sa batangas dapat meron na silang sariling lupa na bibigay sana ng goverment pero kinausap sila ng mga KMU and Gabriela at sinabi wag daw painwalaan mga sundalo kaya ayon hindi sla pumayag sa treaty sa goverment. Yung kabilang bayan ay nagbigyan na ng sariling lupa at bagong public school..samantalang sila ay wala paring titulo at sila daw yung magdalas nakasakay sa mga jeep papuntang edsa para magrally.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Activists. Maski anong panahon yata di nagbabago ang rhetoric ng mga ito. "Ibagsak ang ganito, ibagsak ang ganoon." "Ipaglaban ang karapatan ng mahihirap, dukha, urban poor, at kung anu-ano pang ek-ek." Lansagin ang rehimeng US-Marcos, Aquino, Ramos, Estrada, Arroyo, etc." Awa ng Diyos, di naman nagbabago ang sitwasyon ng Pinas. Too much idealism, puro bunganga, kulang naman sa gawa. Ang akin lang, imbes na puro reklamo ang gawin nila, tumulong na lang sila. Tulad na lang ng nabanggit na mag-NGO na lang sila. Yun bang praktikal na pagtulong. Diyan asar na asar ang dad ko dati. Lalo na yung kaibigan ng sister niya na kung maririnig mo nga naman sa mga family gatherings nila dati e aakalain mong true-blue,die-hard na aktibista. This was in the late 60's. Ang dialog niya naman daw e, "Go home yankee!". Hehehe, ayun nasa NY at kumokolekta ng pension niya kay Uncle Sam! Another cousin in the mid-70's went to UP and took up Law. Panay pakita sa akin ng mga underground books (mostly Communist-related reads). Ano naman pakialam ko dun? Anyway, nag-graduate ang loka. Represented the "peasants, urban poor, and farmers" during her first few years as a lawyer. E laging manok, baboy, gulay ,at prutas ang bayad sa kanya. Gutom siya, ayun pumasok sa isang kilalang law firm pagkatapos. Reality bites.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    honestly, when i hear stories of former activists selling out, and i have heard a lot, hypocritical is one word that comes to my mind. but i cant blame them much. at some point in time, they had to make decisions and to be realistic. maybe, its all part of their process. they would not be the people they are, and some of them are very nice people, if they didnt go through all of that.

also, blame it on the programme of the movement. its tailor-made to reel in the young, idealistic and very impressionistic student. but when that student starts to read beyond Joma's PSR et al, they will discover that there is a whole new different discourse out there that can supplant everything that was brain-washed on them by the Nat-Dems.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Activists...