New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Saw this accident just now.....

Nagkabanggaan yung isang car and motorbike at the intersection of ayala and dela costa... Mukhang ok naman yung naka-motor kasi hinabol nagtaxi sya and hinabol yung car na nakabangga sa kanya...See, iniwan nya yung motorbike nya and bag at the middle of the intersection just to follow the car...... Umalis na kasi yung car eh I think hindi naman talaga nabangga yung naka-motor... I even saw him na umiwas eh kaya nag-slide yung motor nya.....tsk tsk...too many accidents happen talaga dito...
    Last edited by margaux; February 7th, 2007 at 12:15 AM.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    i'm not against motorbike riders or anything but in the recent months i'm finding them too aggressive when around the metro. on the roads they always seem too close(for comfort) to my vehicle only to be able to overtake one or two cars. Are they in that much of a hurry? A lot of these riders don't seem to mind road rules/signs. The only time i see a rider being reprimanded is for a lack of head protection or if the check point police are doing random checks.

difficulty with this situation is since they are in the two-wheeled vehicle it is more likely that they will sustain the injury if they come in contact with a car. so in cases that it's not the car driver's fault he has the burden of helping out the rider pa din(even if the rider was the "stupid" one).

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Ipinagdadasal ko ang mga bikers na ganyan.

"Taning kunin mo na sana silang mga pasaway sa kalsada"

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Ako rin I'm not against motorbike riders.For me masyado silang aggressive sa pagmomotor madalas pa sa gitna sila ng dalawang sasakyan nagoovertake na parang gusto nilang maipit.Mahilig pang magdive sa pagovertake.Hindi ko maintindihan sa kanila bat sila ganun.Kaya ako nagbibigay na lang.
    Meron din akong nakita isang pick up at isang motor nagkabanggaan sa intersection malapit sa festival mall.Nakita ko yung motor niya nasa ilalim.Nakita ko nagaargue sila.Sa tingin ko magleleft yung naka pick up humabol yung motor.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Hindi ko rin nilalahat ng MC riders, pero everyday for the past 2 years, I've noticed this (I work near the area kasi):

Sinarado ng MMDA with concrete blocks yung intersection ng Mindanao Ave & Quirino Highway, so vehicles have to make a U-turn dun sa legal U-turn located about 100 meters from the intersection. Actually may isa pang slot just 50 meters lang ang layo from the intersection, pero sinarahan din mg MMDA yun. Pero pilit pa rin ng pilit yung mga MC na dun tumawid sa illegal. So naglagay ang MMDA ng nylon ropes to prevent them from crossing. Aba, may pumutol the following day, kaya dun ulit sila dumadaan. Tapos, nilagyan ng steel bars, para di maputol. Lintek, a week after, may lumagari yata, kasi malinis yung putol, kaya malaya na naman silang tumatawid.

For the past 2 years, wala pa akong nakita na MC rider na dumaan sa legal U-turn slot, even if the distance is a mere 100 meters away. NOT A SINGLE ONE. Kaya may bottleneck sa intersection ng Mindanao Ave & Quirino Highway is because of these riders wanting to cross. Eh pedestrian lane dapat yun. Tapos kung mahagip mo, ikaw pa may kasalanan.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    they come from all directions. they appear all of a sudden beside u.

one wrong twitch of the steering wheel matamaan mo na sila.

parang mga insects... buzzing all over the place...

we motorists need predictability from fellow motorists so we can avoid crashing into each other. those motorbikers are unpredictable. That's why many of them end up in the hospital or in the morgue.

some even have to be scraped off the pavement with a spatula.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    it is really alarming since motorbikes can easily be purchased.... the problem i believe is the licensing procedure.... now imagine if these reckless people uses cars or trucks or buses or jeeps..... more chaos on the streets i guess.... better attack the problem with the lto rather than going around it....

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Yung ibang biker walang lisensiya pero antatapang sa daan

9. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Tsk tsk tsk....its the rider ang problem not the ride

OT: Nice to hear from you again Margaux

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    a friend of mine witnessed an accident involving a motorcycle a few weeks ago. the motorcycle had a passenger. it overtook my friend's car, then overtook again a trailer. the friend didn't knew what happened, but after a while, they just saw the motorcycle lying on the road, the driver's head was detached from the body and spinning on the road. the passenger, a lady, lies unconscious. both were wearing helmets.

madalas tayong makakita ng mga accidents involving motorcycles and how tragic it was for the riders, but still, these motorcycle riders still drive like hell.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
accident DelaCosta-Ayala intersection