New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I was driving through C5 when I saw this accident between a van, Sentra and a scooter happen at the U-turn slot near Greenmeadows.

I was on the opposite side so I didn't see how the scooter got into the accident. All I saw was the van half through the u-turn then suddenly it was shoved aside by the Sentra. The Sentra then went straight into the light pole.

The worst hurt was the guy riding the scooter who was bleeding a bit from the cuts and scrapes he got after he "landed" on the rightmost side of the road. Sorry no pics of the scooter.

I initially drove past them so I could call the attention of the police car parked around 200 meters past the accident site then later circled back to make "uzi" and take some pics that you can see below.

Ingat mga tsikoteers. Police said the most accidents actually happen on Sundays, long holidays and early morning hours.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Sino kaya sa 3 engot na yan ang may kasalanan? I wonder why palaging may motor na involved.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
    Sino kaya sa 3 engot na yan ang may kasalanan? I wonder why palaging may motor na involved.
    Would be either the sentra or scooter who started the accident.

My guess, the Sentra was going fast and tried to avoid the scooter by swerving to the left but lost control.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Kamusta naman yung Scooter diba..

5. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Grabe napansin kong ang nipis ng kaha ng Hi-ace (last pic).

For sure mabilis ang takbo ng Sentra dyan, maluwag eh.

Ingat mga sirs.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Hindi ko gets kung pano nangyari yun since ang tama ng hi-ace is nasa passenger side tapos sumalpok yung sentra sa post na nasa driver's side.

Though I have a theory ...

When he ( the Hi-Ace ) was making a u-turn ( assuming ) nakita niya na yung Sentra na mabilis. But then, he insisted to go through. Hindi nacalculate ng sentra yung Hi-Ace pinilit niya ( sentra ) umiwas pero tinamaan niya pa rin ito. - kaya sa passenger side lang yung tama nung Hi-Ace coz the sentra swerved to the right to avoid the collision. However the Sentra lost control, kumabig sa kaliwa then hit the scooter then hit the post afterwards ?

Though I have a question that could contradict my theory ...

Bakit ang layo na nung Hi-Ace ? Kung tinamaan nga siya ng Sentra then the Sentra loss control. The Sentra should have been ahead of the van. But basing from the picture, mukhang the Hi-Ace is still ahead of the two. Unless of course, umandar na yung van after the accident then stopped right ahead.

Hmmm. Cheesy. Hahaha

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Hindi ko gets kung pano nangyari yun since ang tama ng hi-ace is nasa passenger side tapos sumalpok yung sentra sa post na nasa driver's side.

Though I have a theory ...

When he ( the Hi-Ace ) was making a u-turn ( assuming ) nakita niya na yung Sentra na mabilis. But then, he insisted to go through. Hindi nacalculate ng sentra yung Hi-Ace pinilit niya ( sentra ) umiwas pero tinamaan niya pa rin ito. - kaya sa passenger side lang yung tama nung Hi-Ace coz the sentra swerved to the right to avoid the collision. However the Sentra lost control, kumabig sa kaliwa then hit the scooter then hit the post afterwards ?

Though I have a question that could contradict my theory ...

Bakit ang layo na nung Hi-Ace ? Kung tinamaan nga siya ng Sentra then the Sentra loss control. The Sentra should have been ahead of the van. But basing from the picture, mukhang the Hi-Ace is still ahead of the two. Unless of course, umandar na yung van after the accident then stopped right ahead.

Hmmm. Cheesy. Hahaha

The HIACE was moved from the u-turn to open the u-turn slot for other traffic to cross. At the moment of the accident, the HIACE was almost half-way in the u-turn.

Accident might goes like:

-Scooter from greenmeadows swerves to middle lane.

-Sentra driving fast along C-5, swerves to left to avoid scooter but hits scooter anyway.

-Scooter gets pushed and crashes at right side of road.

-HIACE van turns into u-turn slot.

-Sentra looses control, hits van's right rear corner and continues on to hit the lamp post.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Ayun. Akala ko nasa ilalim pa ng post yung sentra or somewhere along the road. Di ko nabasa nasa right pala.

Anyways, motor nanaman ang culprit ? Tsk tsk. If only ATV's were allowed to be used at most of the roads here legally ( di kasi pwede i-register ang ATV sa LTO nowadays since they're classified as " dangerous " vehicles ), then it would be much better as they're more stable & a little bit slower than those underbones. Problem is, ATV's are hard & dangerous to steer on mid-level speeds mga around 15kph+ since they don't lean like motorcycles do.

And yun nga, they can't weave through traffic. Haha. So parang naka-kotse ka na rin.

Yun nga lang, mabagal talaga and we ( car riders ) need to sacrifice, STILL. Hahaha.

Anyways, Pinaka-kawawa diyan actually is not the motorcycle rider. But yung Sentra driver, ibabaligtad nanaman yung story tapos siya nanaman ang magiging " villain " dito sa collision na ito. At safe nanaman ang motorcycle driver from any charges kahit nag swerve siya dangerously.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    MODERATOR'S NOTE:

The off topic discussion regarding van safety has been moved to:

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showt...46#post1728846

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    In all cases, looks like kasalanan ni Sentra due to his probable excessive speed.

Given there's an u-turn slot and a lot of cars come out from Greenmeadows, most drivers who are familiar with that road really take a cautious stance when at that area for any lane dive-bombing moron.
    Last edited by vinj; April 24th, 2011 at 07:43 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Accident on C5 (April 22, 2011) van vs car vs scooter