New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    ghosthunter -- bro, okay sana ang seagate but portability is a must

actually, nag ikot ako sa SM megamall kanina sa lahat ng computer shops (i.e. octagon and all the shops in cyberzone) and the largest they have is only 2GB

my stepfather has a 5GB flash drive but he got it in the US. the only problem is that it is a big large. its the size of 2 jet flash drives placed side by side

baiskee/ILuvDetailing -- may contact numbers ba kayo sa shop na suggested ninyo. no need for the number of pc express. i will try to go to the pc express shop here in pasong tamo but i doubt if they have a 5GB flash drive

maganda sana if the 5GB flash drive is like the jet flash -- small, handy and sleek

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    just looked at some prices of flash drives. 512's come in 2k+...so kung mga 5gb...hehe kayo na lang calculate... IMHO, CF na lang para dual purpose. pwede sa comp (with card reader of course) pwede na rin sa digicam.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by notEworthy27
    just looked at some prices of flash drives. 512's come in 2k+...so kung mga 5gb...hehe kayo na lang calculate... IMHO, CF na lang para dual purpose. pwede sa comp (with card reader of course) pwede na rin sa digicam.
    bro -- correct me if i am wrong but the CFs you are referring to are those flat card type memory modules, right? and you also need a card reader to be able to get or store the information?

if this is the one, okay sana kaya lang wala akong card reader.

gusto ko pa rin yung flash drive na ma plug mo lang directly to the usb port of the computer

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kinyo
    medyo ot ... ano experience nyo sa actual transfer rate (mb/sec) ng usb 2.0 nyo? 430 mb/sec daw kaso theoretical lang ata yun ... not true in actual use (in fact malayo) ... my card reader (twinmos usb 2.0) only transfer data at 2.5 mb/sec lang on a P4 machine with usb 2.0 ... so ano transfer speed nyo?

i use my camera's cf as flash drive ... 1GB lang ... it serves as one big fast diskette for file transfer ... hehe
    usb 2.0 has a theoretical transfer rate of 480 Mbps (1.1 is at 12 Mbps) while Firewire is * 400 Mbps and 800 Mbps. transfer rates of Firewire is more stable and has constant speeds. USB2.0 on the other hand isn't as stable and fluctuates.
    now, you've mentioned you have a card reader. thus, if you are transferring files from a CF, SD, etc card to your pc, then your speed is dependent on the speed of the card too. You're only as fast as your slowest part.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    cf cards look like this
    Last edited by need4speed; September 9th, 2005 at 11:44 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002

if you want something that will plug directly to your usb port then you can either use a thumb drive or this new sd card w/ a usb plug from sandisk

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by need4speed
    usb 2.0 has a theoretical transfer rate of 480 Mbps (1.1 is at 12 Mbps) while Firewire is * 400 Mbps and 800 Mbps. transfer rates of Firewire is more stable and has constant speeds. USB2.0 on the other hand isn't as stable and fluctuates.
    now, you've mentioned you have a card reader. thus, if you are transferring files from a CF, SD, etc card to your pc, then your speed is dependent on the speed of the card too. You're only as fast as your slowest part.
    true ... kakainis lang mga manufacturers that advertise usb 2.0 gadgets yet they don't perform even near usb 1.0 theoretical limit (12mbps?) .. i think the cf card speed is faster than 2.5mbps, so it must be the reader or my mobo's usb that is not performing properly, or the cable(?) ... i believe its the reader so i fault twinmos for this ... but then reviews in the net have only ~4.5mbps maxspeed using firewire or usb 2.0

i think 480mbps will remain theoretical for a long time and may never be achieved for card readers ... the transmission electronics and cable to achieve it would be too expensive for household use ... it would be easy using optical cable but it won't be called usb anymore

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Nakabili ako ng Flash Drive sa Brochierre Galleria.
    Mukhang Generic (no brand name e) pero sa receipt Billionton pala.

Eto problem ko e: gumagana naman siya sa XP pero sa Win 98SE ayaw.
    Maski pano ko i-install yong driver installer sa mini (cute) CD na
    kasama sa package, e di pa rin niya makita yong driver para sa USB 2.0
    Flash Drive. Resulta: unknown USB mass storage device daw
    Bakit? May nakaranas na ba sa inyo nito? Meron bang driver para sa Win98 itong Billionton na ito?

Ano brand ng USB 2.0 flash drive n'yo na (subok na) pwede maski sa Win98?

Salamat.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by monmag
    Nakabili ako ng Flash Drive sa Brochierre Galleria.
    Mukhang Generic (no brand name e) pero sa receipt Billionton pala.

Eto problem ko e: gumagana naman siya sa XP pero sa Win 98SE ayaw.
    Maski pano ko i-install yong driver installer sa mini (cute) CD na
    kasama sa package, e di pa rin niya makita yong driver para sa USB 2.0
    Flash Drive. Resulta: unknown USB mass storage device daw
    Bakit? May nakaranas na ba sa inyo nito? Meron bang driver para sa Win98 itong Billionton na ito?

Ano brand ng USB 2.0 flash drive n'yo na (subok na) pwede maski sa Win98?

Salamat.

ayaw yata talaga sa WIN98 ganyan din problema ko dati hanggang sa nainis ako inalis ko na Win98 ko...napilitan ako mag dual Boot sa Win ME at Win XP...tanong ko lang bakit gusto mo pa rin ng Win98??

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    A 5GB CF card is indeed rare. Seagate just released one recently. Hmmm. I could use one for my old Coolpix 995.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
5GB flash drive, saan makakabili nito?