New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    San Juan City will close off section of N Domngo tomorrow morning...

5 PH cities to block off roads for pedestrians, cyclists

MANILA, Philippines – Five Philippine cities are blocking off major roads for bikers and pedestrians this week in support of the movement to promote sustainable mass transport systems in the country.

They are composed of 3 cities in Metro Manila – San Juan, Pasig and Marikina – and two cities in the Visayas – Iloilo and Cebu.

On Thursday, March 27, San Juan City will close N. Domingo Street from motorized vehicles from 6 am to 12 pm for "Lakad at Bisikleta sa Araw ni San Juan" (Walk and Bike on St John's Day). The road will be reserved for joggers, pedestrians, cyclists and skateboarders, and will be used for a 5-kilometer ceremonial bike ride.

The initiative is said to be a first step to improving the quality of living in the city.

"The people and the leaders of San Juan City envision a wholesome walkable and bikable city," said San Juan environment officer Dante Santiago.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    San Juan City will close off section of N Domngo tomorrow morning...

bakit hindi nila gawing weekly para malaman kung talagang effective

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Manila did this during the term of Lito Atienza. I think it was the street below Carriedo LRT station. And guess what happened?

Napuno ng mga illegal vendors ang street! Impromptu tiangge!

And another thing, Filipinos in general, TAMAD maglakad. Konting lakad lang, ayaw, sasakay pa ng tricycle or pedicab. Tapos will complain na bakit overweight sila.

Oh well. C'est La Vie.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Uso na kasi to sa ibang bansa. Ganito yata ginagaya nila.

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2014/03/5-...r-pedestrians/

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

5. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by BratPAQ View Post
    Uso na kasi to sa ibang bansa. Ganito yata ginagaya nila.

5 Big New Projects Remaking Cities Into Havens For Pedestrians | Gizmodo Australia

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App
    gayahin muna nila ung lawak ng kalsada sa ibang bansa bago mangarap na maglagay ng bicycle lane.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I think it's great that they encourage people to start walking and biking but the local governments should first build the infrastructure which will motivate people to walk and use a bicycle. I wouldn't mind using a bike to go to work provided that I know I won't get side swiped. The thing is, our current roads aren't wide enough and the government can't even get right-of-way for a lot of projects. If you ask me, it's a step in the right direction but horribly short sighted as always and is mainly fodder for the press.