New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Michigan boy drives to video store and home again

SAND LAKE, Mich. - A boy drove his mother’s car to a video store in the middle of the night, police said — and he’s all of 4 years old.

Even though he was unable to reach the accelerator, the boy managed to put the car in gear and the idling engine provided enough power to take him slowly to the store, a quarter-mile from his home, about 1:30 a.m. Friday, Police Chief Doug Heugel said. Finding the store closed, the youngster began a slow trip home.

Weaving and with its headlights off, the car got the attention of police Sgt. Jay Osga, who initially thought he was following a driverless car that had taken off after being left running at a gas pump.

The car turned into the boy’s apartment complex and struck two parked cars, then backed up and struck Osga’s police car.

That’s when Osga discovered the boy inside.

“He knew how to go from forward to reverse,” Osga said Monday. “The mother said she taught him how to drive by letting him sit on her lap and steer.”

No charges will be filed against the boy or his mother, Heugel said.

“He’s 4 years old. His mom didn’t even know he was up,” Heugel told The Grand Rapids Press. “I don’t think he even realizes what he did.”

URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6927845/?GT1=6190

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hehe, sakit ang ulo ng magulang neto when he reaches 10! hehe

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    i wonder what car, baka exped yan or f150 hehehe

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tsk dapat pala itago ko susi ko sa safety box pag lumaki laki pa si luigi...ngayong 2 yrs old pa lang siya eh nakikialam na sa loob ng oto, sa manibela, kambiyo at busina.....minsan nga maririnig mo pang nag hum ng eeeeeeeengggg~ kapag nagmamaneho ako...tsk delikado

5. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Eh tinuruan pala ng magulang...

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Tsikoteers are not made, they are born...:D

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hehehehe malamang by the age of six eh nagka-carting na yan....another m. shumacher in the making....

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    damn....dapat pala bantayan ko anak ko.
    at age 4, he is the one who starts up my car, warm it up and turns on the airconditioning before we leave the house during weekends.

pero buti na lang manual yung oto ko delikado nga lang mabanga nya yung pader namin oras na pinakeelaman nya yun.

yung kay esmi matic..... kaya delikado talaga.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    oh my God! hahaha.. marunong na tumakas ung bata! I see problems for the Mom in the future...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    diba pag matic, dapat naka depress yung brake bago mai-shift from P or N to R? e sabi sa report hindi abot nung kid yung accelerator so obviously hindi nya rin abot yung brake pedal. pano nya naishift to R or D?
    Signature

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
4-year-old takes mom's car for a midnight spin