New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    220V and 110V consumes about the same amount of power since the 110V applicance will consume twice as much CURRENT as compared to a 220V version of the same appliance.

But, the 220v version will be "safer" because it will need less current, hence making the wiring "cooler". The more current running thru a wire will generate more heat.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    In terms of economy:

1. 220 V needs smaller wires than 110V since wires are sized according to current carrying capacities - that is for first cost of wiring installation.

2. Line losses (heat produces on the wires/conductors) on 220 is about a quarter of 110V (theoritically a quarter) when using the same wire. That is why higher voltages are used on transmission lines.

The main consideration of using 110V is safety. It safer to be in contact with a 110 V line than with 220 V.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by the_wildthing
    Di ako nakikinig sa Electronics class namin. Basta daw ang 2 pinakamahalagang equation ay:

V = I R

where V is the voltage in volts, I is the current in amperes and R is the resistance in ohms.

at

P = IV

where P is power in watts.

Tapos nakalimutan ko na kung pano explain...

Nyahahahaha sabi ko sa inyo di ako nakikinig.

tapusin natin equation mo he he he:

P = I (I R) (sorry di ko alam i-type I squared)

eto ang formula pag-compute ng powerloss, read no.2 post of khayib

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    RedHorse ... ito ang gusto mong i-type ... P = (I^2)R

the character "^" is commonly used to mean "to the power of" for mathematical expressions

nickbay is right about "I would say, mas mapapamahal ka pa nga kung yong unit na gagamitin mo sa pinas is 110V compared to a 220V unit with the same specs because you will be using a transformer for the 110V unit. I think the transformer itself consumes some electricity even without plugging any electrical unit on it."

and of course transformer losses will also increase as the load increases

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    btw.. mas mataas voltage... mas konti power loss pag dumadaan sa wires... thats the reason may high voltages tension wires and substations.. para yung travel sa wire ng koryente to us mas konti yung loss

6. Join Date
    Jan 2002
    sa amin, (angeles city) 110v and 220v ang gamit namin...... ang pangit lang sa 110v na appliance, lik yung galing japan fopr ex, pag nsaksak mo ng 220v, masisira....

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by pnay_fickle_minded
    sa amin, (angeles city) 110v and 220v ang gamit namin...... ang pangit lang sa 110v na appliance, lik yung galing japan fopr ex, pag nsaksak mo ng 220v, masisira....
    di ba usually yung mga plug ng 110v appliances is bilog? para hindi mo masaksak sa flat 220v outlet.
    Signature

8. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Originally posted by pnay_fickle_minded
    oo nga dito sa Angeles city... 110v and 220v... di naman pangit gamit sa japan problem lang 100 v lang sila and kung 110v gamit mo medyo mainit siya kasi sobra ng 10v kung minsan nga 120v pa ang lumalabas sa meter pag tinitignan ko koryente dito hehehhe.. kailangan talaga ng transformer na me 100v pag galing sa japan just my two cent

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by boybi
    di ba usually yung mga plug ng 110v appliances is bilog? para hindi mo masaksak sa flat 220v outlet.
    its the other way around boybi...

kaya nga, nagkakamot ng ba.... ang mga foreign manufacturers dahil pinaghalo natin ang flat design ng connector for 110v tapos ang voltage 220v

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by boybi
    its the other way around boybi...

kaya nga, nagkakamot ng ba.... ang mga foreign manufacturers dahil pinaghalo natin ang flat design ng connector for 110v tapos ang voltage 220v

kinyo.... thanks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
110 volt = mas matipid sa kuryente?