New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    What's the cheapest one ? Is it the MINI Clubman ? Accdg. to my TG Jan/Feb issue. The Clubman is priced at 2.150m.

I`d go with sir GH's advice, if I had the money, then the Cooper S would be my choice.

Now, I do wonder why does mini still doesn't want to change their speedo style.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    [COLOR=SeaGreen]
    [COLOR=SeaGreen]Now, I do wonder why does mini still doesn't want to change their speedo style.
    It is part of the retro theme of the vehicle.

Last edited by ghosthunter; January 16th, 2010 at 10:19 AM.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    While the Cooper S is entertaining, the regular Cooper is entertaining enough, despite lacking the turbo and the LSD. In fact... I think I'd miss the LSD more than the turbo... but you'll only notice that on the race-track.

Despite being small and turbocharged, a Cooper S isn't much faster than your regular hot hatch. That's because it weighs an astonishing 1200 kgs (astonishing for something the size of a Yaris). So while the extra turbo kick is nice, it doesn't feel that much faster than, say, a Focus TDCi... though it's about a second-and-a-half faster to 100 km/h.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    While the Cooper S is entertaining, the regular Cooper is entertaining enough, despite lacking the turbo and the LSD. In fact... I think I'd miss the LSD more than the turbo... but you'll only notice that on the race-track.

Despite being small and turbocharged, a Cooper S isn't much faster than your regular hot hatch. That's because it weighs an astonishing 1200 kgs (astonishing for something the size of a Yaris). So while the extra turbo kick is nice, it doesn't feel that much faster than, say, a Focus TDCi... though it's about a second-and-a-half faster to 100 km/h.
    Even if the regular Mini and Cooper-S model is nearly the same acceleration, it is the fact that horsepower sells. Given that someone is willing to toss out P2.45M for a "small-car" means they want a "toy" that would at least impress the other boys on the block with HP figures.

If you would want value for money, you'd probably have settled with a Toyota Camry 3.5L or Subaru Legacy GT or Subaru Impreza WRX/STi with that same P2.5M...

5. Join Date
    May 2004
    if i have 2.5M i'll go for the Cooper S. but i am no HP man. just want it. for keeps kasi para sakin yang cooper S. it will never goes out of style.
    hmmmm MT or AT is the bigger question.:D
    Last edited by niwde11; January 16th, 2010 at 11:06 AM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niwde11 View Post
    if i have 2.5M i'll go for the Cooper S. but i am no HP man. just want it. for keeps kasi para sakin yang cooper S. it will never goes out of style.
    hmmmm MT or AT is the bigger question.:D
    Purist & HP junkies would go m/t ...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Even if the regular Mini and Cooper-S model is nearly the same acceleration, it is the fact that horsepower sells. Given that someone is willing to toss out P2.45M for a "small-car" means they want a "toy" that would at least impress the other boys on the block with HP figures.

If you would want value for money, you'd probably have settled with a Toyota Camry 3.5L or Subaru Legacy GT or Subaru Impreza WRX/STi with that same P2.5M...
    Well... 160 bhp isn't really impressive. The hood-scoop is, though, even if there's no intercooler underneath it.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Well... 160 bhp isn't really impressive. The hood-scoop is, though, even if there's no intercooler underneath it.
    So... advise from Niky is: "just buy the regular Mini and replace the hood with one with the scoop"?

9. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Plaything for the rich... Man if I can just throw away P2M I would buy a Cooper just the standard one...
    Yeah the Cooper(priced at 1.8M for the M/T and 1.950M for the A/T) is just enough..

At the price of the Cooper S eh bumili ka nalang ng Lancer Ralliart na nasa 2.350M Pesos lang.Then again eto ang mabenta so far alongside with the regular Cooper A/T and M/T..

The Clubman looks dorky IMHO while the Convertible is expensive(the Mazda Miata MX5 is much cheaper).

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    A SA in BGC is offering me 2M SRP for a mini pwede pa hulugan with 299K DP then 36 months of 29,079. After 36 months, you can pay for the remaining balance or trade in the car.

My question is, kung 2M ang brand new, why is it the 2nd hand market is selling their minis at 1M to 2.3M given their 2202 to 2013 models ? Parang nagaapreciate pa ang value ng car instead of depreciate.

Planning to buy one kaya i'm trying to understand why. TIA

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Mini Global City