New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2006

Press Release: http://www.bmwblog.com/2009/08/26/of...coupe-concept/

"MINI is celebrating a great birthday: Exactly fifty years ago, on 26 August 1959, the classic Mini was presented to the public for the first time, a unique story of success starting out and today giving MINI the perfect opportunity to look ahead without losing sight of the brand’s great tradition.

The MINI Coupé Concept is an expression of MINI design and the great ability of the brand’s designers to fill the elementary values of the brand with new life, using the options of modern drivetrain and suspension technology, and developing fascinating perspectives for the future of the brand on this basis."

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    it should be called the BMW MINI X6. And like the X6 im not sure whether to like it or hate it. I think I'm swinging over to the hate area. It just doesn't look right to me, but in a weird and cool way. I'm don't know and because I'm not sure what to think of it, I strongly dislike it.

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    so its confirmed for production.....

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/09/03/b...production-in/

MINI Frankfurt show stars confirmed for production at Plant Oxford

* Press Release

Dr.Norbert Reithofer, Chairman of the Board of Management, BMW AG has announced that two new MINI models are to be built at MINI Plant Oxford.

Reithofer confirmed the production plan during his two-day visit to BMW Group UK operations earlier this week.

One of the models based on the MINI Coupé Concept and a concept of the second vehicle will be unveiled for the first time to global media at Frankfurt Motor Show on 15 September.

Images of the stunning MINI Coupé Concept were issued to press on 26 August 2009, exactly fifty years after the first classic Mini was presented to the public.

Likely to feature the impressive 1.6-litre turbocharged MINI John Cooper Works power train, the MINI Coupé Concept is designed to be the most dynamic and agile MINI ever built. Strictly a two-seater, the low roof line, compact dimensions, perfect axle load distribution and lightweight construction are all trademarks of a genuine sports car.

Details of the second model have not yet been announced.

The two new models will join the existing Hatch, Clubman and Convertibles on the production line at Plant Oxford, where all derivatives are produced seamlessly just-in-time and just-in-sequence.

Business Secretary Lord Mandelson said: "The production of the two new MINI models is very good news for Oxford, and for the UK car industry. It is a demonstration of BMW's long term commitment to the UK as it celebrates its 50th birthday this year.

"British drivers have had a long love affair with the MINI and I'm sure that this will continue for many years to come."

Dr. Juergen Hedrich, Managing Director of MINI Plant Oxford, said: "The fact that Plant Oxford will be building these exciting new models shows the high level of flexibility of the plant and its associates. The MINI family has a bright future.

Start dates for these two new models to enter production will be confirmed in due course.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by foifoi05 View Post
    so its confirmed for production.....
    Oh for gawd's sake. Are they that desperate to rip people off? Thats exactly what they're going to do. Rip people off. They're going to put a huge price tag on it and say that it's a special car of some sort and unique etc and market it as a fashion item or something. Like the MINI is now and same with the Audi TT. It's horrid and quite frankly i'd much rather have a Cooper D than one of these. How can BMW, a company that makes such good cars like the M Range (excluding the X5 M and X6 M), Z4 and 7 Series make such crap ugly cars like the 1 Series and this fugly thing. It looks like a frog.

MINI Coupe Concept