New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    mga higala ask lang ko kung ok ba ang dalan davao-cdo via butuan.? dalhon nako akong ek honda sedan. 5 heavyweight passenger mi. dili ko gusto bukidnon route kay grabe ang tungas sa buda ug ang dalan murag tinae sa manok. hehe.. hadlok pud ko basin hangakon ug maayo ang makina. tia

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Sa akong nadunggan, the road isn't very nice if you take the butuan route. Better take BUDA route. You're right about the tinae sa manok comparison but pavement is good. It's also safer than if you pass Butuan. Travel time is also shorter. We made it there in exactly 4 hours using a Grandia D4D van. Going back to CDO also 4 hours.

I think kaya yan ng Honda mo. Just check everything, and put coolant in your radiator

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    thanks sa reply pre. maalanganin man gud ko via buda. i brought my honda two months ago sa buda. we went to seagull mao kabalo ko sa reaction sa akong ride pag mu agi didto.hehe.. 2 passenger lang gani to grabe hangak sa makina much more kung 5 passenger. tapos baho clutch lining ang masundan nimo na truck.hehe makalipong.. ok lang kung grandia na van kay aside from stronger engine, pwede pa jud naka on ang aircon anytime. mao relax kaayo ang passenger and driver.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    the Davao to Butuan Highway is now one of Mindanao's finest highways after a multibillion peso upgrading project by the government.

what used to take a 7 gruelling ride 2 years ago is now a smooth scenic and silky travel along wide hi grade concrete with 4 to 6 lanes even along major towns along Davao del Norte and Agusan del Sur.

there is also a new highway that leads to Butuan from Davao-Butuan main high way... this is the new By Pass Hi way that leads to the only cable stayed bridge in Mindanao..

click the following links to VIEW pics:

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    *bob-bxu-- wow!! ang ganda pala ng road sir. my final decision po i'll tako the butuan route? btw, yung nasa pic po san po banda yan? parang foggy ah. madada-anan ko po ba yan?

8. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Kaso the problem with DVO-CDO using Butuan route, may mga bad roads on the approach towards Prosperidad & San Francisco. at ska travel time takes longer, aprrox. 9 hours as compared to just 6 hours using Buda route.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    *vhenok: dili man gagmay ang pashero bai.hehe. mao di ko mag buda.
    ride:ek3 honda civic '97 lxi
    engine displacement: 1500cc
    Transmission: a/t

PASSENGER:
    frontseat: 240lbs
    backseat right: 140lbs
    backseat left: 145lbs
    backseat aisle: 160lbs
    driver: (yours truly) 195lbs.
    cargo not included plus spare tire pa..

paki total na lang bai. kung ikaw ang car with that kind of passenger mag buda route ka kaha or take butuan route bahala nag layo? what you think?hehe..

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    by private car, Davao to Butuan nowadays would take you about 5 hours of travel via new paved concrete highways....also there are bigger towns and new cities you will be passing along this route...starting off there in Davao-Panabo-Tagum-Sn Francisco-Prosperidad-Bayugan-and then on Butuan....which not like via Buda route

the first picture is the new by pass highway and new entry point of Butuan from Davao-Butuan-Surigao hi way..

davao-cdo via butuan?