New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Hi. I'm new to this forum. Need your advice or opinion in buying a 2nd hand Tamaraw FX GL 199?. Still original body paint/stickers, no dents on body, still nice interior, carpets intact, lady driven, still good underchassis, dual aircon. Don't know the condition of 5K engine, although it looks and sounds good to me (I'm not a mechanic). Registered Feb2007. Overall look: presentable. Selling price 190K negotiable. Is the price reasonable?

Are 5K engines easy to maintain/trouble-shoot? How about fuel economy and yearly maintenance? I'm intending to use it within zamboanga city (light traffic), and occasional long distance travels.

Thanks.

P.S.
    I previously drive a Tamaraw FX HSPU 2C engine and IMO it runs 12-15 km/l long distance driving and its engine never bogged down, except for isolated cases of airlock due to dirty diesel, contrary to most negative threads regarding 2C engines i've read here.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    that ride is good. except that having used to drive a diesel engine with low FC, you have to shell out more. thru experience, FC of 5k is around 8-10km/l. medyo, magastos comparing to your previous car. all other things considered, it is good.

Advice on buying 2nd hand vehicle