New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    December 8, 1982, after 6 years and around 2,000,000,000 DMs worth of research and development, construction and production, Mercedes-Benz made history by unveiling a totally different model series. The Mercedes-Benz 190 also known as the W201 or the "Baby Benz".

25 years and 1,800,000 units sold later. The W201 still rolls proudly in most of the world's busiest streets including Manila's. A dream car of almost every college kid at that time.

The W201 has incorporated several advanced technologies in its time that has just been standardized in passenger cars today such as the anti-lock brake system, multi-link suspension and so many exciting stuff that came with it.

The W201 has also served as the foundation which the 204-series C-Class has been built. And the rest, as they say, is history.

As part of our own celebration for one of the still hottest European Beauty, we'll be organizing a W201 Owner's Eyeball in cooperation with Manila International AutoShow between April 3(Thursday) and 6(Sunday). We'll kick off the celebration with about 3-4 W201s to be showcased on Thursday together with Musclecars Philippines and the Grand Owner's Eyeball will be on Sunday with Photo and video opportunity to be held at the Manila Bay Home Depot parking lot which is a short sprint from the World Trade Center. See you there!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Jared, who's we?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    Jared, who's we?
    Pat, that's me in many forms hahaha!

Kidding aside, the organizing committee chair of MIAS Mr. Alvin Uy, in good faith, has opened the door to ALL W201 OWNERS with or without any club affiliations and regardless of the car's condition. This is purely in the good spirit of celebrating the 25th Anniversary of W201 here in the Philippines which will run until Dec. 8, 2008. Since I'm a W201 owner and enthusiast myself, I'm willing to sacrifice time and effort to ensure the success of this jubilee, in short, I'll be taking the helm in running this activity. And many thanks too for the MuscleCars Philippines for sharing the space with the W201 in the coming show. It's all for the love of the Baby Benz.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    I was late and almost missed the affair. Again, special thanks to Alvin Uy for the space.

At the driveway

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Congratulations W201 owners...
    iam3739.com

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    Jared, who's we?
    Pat??? kaw ba yan???

Francis

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Francis, yep it's me

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    What da... sa iyo pala yun dinadaan daanan ko lang yun mga 201 na yun.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by jaredpogi View Post
    I was late and almost missed the affair. Again, special thanks to Alvin Uy for the space.

At the driveway

si Atty Frank ba yung nasa kanan?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
The W201 25th Anniversary Owner's Eyeball * The Manila International Auto Show