New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    bros,

Anybody can share about Vito L?
    Am planning to acquire one if it is OK.
    Have heard a few comments that it is a "lemon".... hope is it not true.
    Baka meron din kayo alam na nice unit and price nito.

thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I also heard the same comments that it was a lemon. My boss had one and it seemed to love spending time at CATS Motors according to the company drivers.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    my friend had one... dami problema. dont waste your time on it.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by pope0717 View Post
    bros,

Anybody can share about Vito L?
    Am planning to acquire one if it is OK.
    Have heard a few comments that it is a "lemon".... hope is it not true.
    Baka meron din kayo alam na nice unit and price nito.

thanks!
    we bought a 2nd hand unit back in 2008 and still in use up to now. power, handling and comfort is like having a sedan. 11 passengers including the driver is still spacious for a long trip. bad thing is that after a year, the day after ondoy we used it as a relief car in marikina passing knee deep floods, since then problems started to show. we also learned that the van was also a flood victim before we acquired it. mechanics are available such as motor doctor in marcos high way but cheap/surplus parts are hard to source out here in the philippines. there are brand new parts available but expensive. we are maintaining our van through DIY. if you will be getting a maintained unit owned by someone you really know or a unit that you know its history, i recommend it. just expect for expensive repairs if something happens.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Was supposed to buy a used one around 2008 until my Benz mechanic and friends from the Benz circle talked me out of it. Got a Grand Starex instead and NO regrets so far.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    The Benz mechanic of mine told me even if they get paid to own a Vito they won't touch it with a 10foot pole...

'Nuff said...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by docgorio View Post
    The Benz mechanic of mine told me even if they get paid to own a Vito they won't touch it with a 10foot pole...

'Nuff said...
    How about the current model of 2015? I'm planning to get a 2014 manufactured vito 113...

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    My friend had one, an '01 model, which we used for all our road trips back then. It eventually became too expensive to maintain, and they replaced it with an '08 Viano.

I've ridden it countless times and have also driven it, and I firmly believe that a Starex is a much better car, despite being much cheaper. The Viano really feels like a delivery van with seats and a very tiny drop of Mercedes luxury. If the Starex is too pedestrian, then there's the Alphard, which simply blows the Viano/Vito out of the water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by longbeard View Post
    How about the current model of 2015? I'm planning to get a 2014 manufactured vito 113...
    I noticed that resale values of the Viano is very low.