New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Hi, I need help. I have loaded my benz 230e with v-power with e10. Then after three days, I noticed palyado ang makina nya. Hesitant sya mag accelerate. I have checked timing, high tension wire and spark plugs, all fine.
    Any inputs? Thanks

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by McBenz View Post
    Hi, I need help. I have loaded my benz 230e with v-power with e10. Then after three days, I noticed palyado ang makina nya. Hesitant sya mag accelerate. I have checked timing, high tension wire and spark plugs, all fine.
    Any inputs? Thanks
    I know of some owners of a 124 who when they loaded up with E10 also had similar effects on the vehicles. Best to use up your existing E10 fuel and revert back to non-E10.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Hi, I'm not trying to scare you or anything... but it would be of the best interest if you drain your tank completely free of E10 and replace it with premium grade fuel.. What is your car? W123? W124?

Rumor is, on older 230E's.. the fuel system is not compatible with E10 blended fuels.... But on the later models "DAW" pwede... Since I have no proof or evidence to show you.. I'd suggest you load up on premium fuel next time just to be safe..

What I have though is proof that E10 "can and will destroy" your fuel system in one go.. if you use it further.. As what happened to a friend of our's and his W123-230E.. which was accidentally loaded with E10.. with the fuel system completely damaged... and super expensive (hard to find too) replacement parts.. He was forced to convert to a Stromberg carb..

Just my idea.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    *benzmizer *lowslowmerc
    Thank you for the info.

I have loaded my 230e with xcs after that accident. And had a full tank and then some more xcs after (since tumakaw sya bigla sa gas) and now I was advised to have the engine overhauled (Story here)

Just curious though, how good is the idea of converting instead to stromberg carb? Where can we have it converted?

TIA

5. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    must have damaged the rubber seals and piston rings... from the looks of it

6. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by lazyfoot View Post
    must have damaged the rubber seals and piston rings... from the looks of it
    Hopefully wag naman.. so far it has been a few weeks na since that "stalling,misfiring,choking" problem and okay naman na yung takbo. Been loading unleaded/premium na nga din indiscriminately with or without e10 and i could sense no noticeable change/effect sa engine performance (or it's just me).

Effect of e10 on 102 engine (230e)