New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Hi, just bought myself a new Merc, a 1988 230 TE. Since this is my first Merc, I just have some questions... Ano po yung heat range ng Bosch na platinum tips for my engine? medyo cold starting kasi e gusto ko na i tune up. nung nakuha ko yung car parang may tagas dun sa hydraulic fittings ng rear suspension. Medyo naubos na yung hydraulic fluid. What i did was to refill it with fluid. Question is do I have to bleed the system??? I heard medyo mahal ang ignition system like fuel destributor etc... Is the cold starting problem be an indication na may mali sa system??? Sorry dami tanong and thanks in advance....

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Use the correct hydraulic fluid. Kung may tagas check hoses. Check the rear struts (mahal yon). It is self bleeding, no need to bleed it manually.

Fuel distributor is expensive, yes. Cold starting can be MANY issues. Cold start valve, fuel accumulator, etc. Start with basics.

I would only go with the proper plugs. In my 190E 2.6 the correct specification is NON resistor type of plug (H9DC0 kinuha ko). If it has an R in the number it's a resistor plug, which is not good. The wires already have resistance in them from what I've read.

Matigas ba suspension sa likod? Bouncy? Bouncy means yung air cells are bad.

If you want info on the platinum plugs, look them up on the Bosch site. They should be there. Mine like I said is H9DC0. Forgot which number is heat range (9 siguro).

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Yup may tagas lang sa fittings but its ok now. Di naman bouncy yung likod may parang kalabog lang akong nadidinig pag nalubak... try ko tangalin yung spare and tools baka yun.

I try ko po muna pa tune up...sabi kasi nung dating may-ari di na daw nagagamit. I got the regular plugs lang h7dc as per the Manual i saw online and HR7DC din yung dating plugs na nakakabit. Hanap na lang ako ng equivalent na platinum para mas matagal mag foul. Try do din po tignan yung mga binangit nyong cold start valve and fuel accumulator.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Hi... Just an update... I was previously experiencing hard starting and medyo palyado pag malamig pa yung engine. Pero pag mainit na ok na yung takbo and 1 click lang ang restart. I changed the spark plugs and tune up, changed to petron blaze and cold start valve. Then I read some where to check the OVP... then when I check the OVP ok naman yung fuse nya but when I opened it, (may naririnig kasi akong kalansing) sobrang dami na ng corrosion sa loob and i dont think na gumagana pa sya. I got a second hand OVP with the same part number and it just starts even when cold... hehehe Hope this help to others with the same problem.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    MBCP member?

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Hindi pa po sir... Di ko alam kung pano maging member e...

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 6g4g67 View Post
    Hindi pa po sir... Di ko alam kung pano maging member e...
    +1

pano nga ba maging member, sir?

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Naku me nabingwit na naman si Francis!!!!!!

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by docgorio View Post
    Naku me nabingwit na naman si Francis!!!!!!
    hahaha .. di na nga ako nakaka-attend ng eb!

10. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    sir lowslowbenz buhayin ko lang ang thread, paano ba mag-member sa mbcp? newbie here and planning to buy a w123. i'm trying to learn about benzs and also wanted to see the photos posted w/c i can't view since i'm not a member. tnx

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
s124 questions