New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Hey co MB enthusiasts!

just wondering if anyone can help me secure a Bosch Pre catalytic (upstream/front) Oxygen sensor for my 2001 SLK 200 K. The reference number is 0258006276. I have my own OBD2 scanner and reader and my CEL came on earlier with a P0130 code.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by zfrmd View Post
    Hey co MB enthusiasts!

just wondering if anyone can help me secure a Bosch Pre catalytic (upstream/front) Oxygen sensor for my 2001 SLK 200 K. The reference number is 0258006276. I have my own OBD2 scanner and reader and my CEL came on earlier with a P0130 code.
    Have you checked with Delodur?

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Hey co MB enthusiasts!

first check your air/fuel mixture. check for engine misfires, fuel quality, fuel contamination with lead or silicone compounds and for vacuum leak. the oxygen sensor dtc could be the result of anyone or more of the previously mentioned causes. you need to fix the cause of the trouble not the result or effect.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    first check your air/fuel mixture. check for engine misfires, fuel quality, fuel contamination with lead or silicone compounds and for vacuum leak. the oxygen sensor dtc could be the result of anyone or more of the previously mentioned causes. you need to fix the cause of the trouble not the result or effect.

Thanks for the info.

My unit has 9,000 Kms on its Odometer (which makes me worried why the sensor will fail at such, Lambda sensors should last bet. 50-100 thousand Kms. depending whether its non heated or heated)

No other codes showing even with star diagnostics; Oxygen sensor doesn't appear contaminated (at least to the naked eye); fuel used are either Shell V power but mainly Petron Blaze; Iridium sparks checked and they are good; left now with the air/fuel mixture, but isn't the ECU is the one that controls that getting feedback from what the O2 sensors voltage output?

do you recommend any particular mechanic? I use to go to Euro plus in Motor town Alabang and European Motors in Makati.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Do you have the contact number and person in Delodur?

If I'm not mistaken, they are the owner of European Motors?

6. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Thanks for the info.

My unit has 9,000 Kms on its Odometer (which makes me worried why the sensor will fail at such, Lambda sensors should last bet. 50-100 thousand Kms. depending whether its non heated or heated)

No other codes showing even with star diagnostics; Oxygen sensor doesn't appear contaminated (at least to the naked eye); fuel used are either Shell V power but mainly Petron Blaze; Iridium sparks checked and they are good; left now with the air/fuel mixture, but isn't the ECU is the one that controls that getting feedback from what the O2 sensors voltage output?

do you recommend any particular mechanic? I use to go to Euro plus in Motor town Alabang and European Motors in Makati.

yes there is a possibility the lambda sensor went bad, not from the sensor side but maybe for the heater side. your sensor reading should be switching fast between rich and lean (0.1-0.9v) after about two minutes of engine start up. even if the sensor signal were good, but your heater circuit went bad, it will throw a P0130.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Do you have the contact number and person in Delodur?

If I'm not mistaken, they are the owner of European Motors?
    Yup, same owner/operator.

They have 2 outlets:

Pasig/Libis (main) - (02) 633-7874 / (02) 631-1983
    Makati/Pasong Tamo (branch) - (02) 864-0921

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    yes there is a possibility the lambda sensor went bad, not from the sensor side but maybe for the heater side. your sensor reading should be switching fast between rich and lean (0.1-0.9v) after about two minutes of engine start up. even if the sensor signal were good, but your heater circuit went bad, it will throw a P0130.
    I haven't secured a sensor yet (since they are in a per order basis) so I decided to clear the CEL, after driving around 20kms in SLEX at speed reaching 180's, I noticed the CEL is back and this time it gave a P0131 code.

There were no changes in the way the engine performs, no idling issues, I guess my gas consumption will sacrifice due to the adjustment of the ECU from the lean input coming from the sensor. any comments?

Oxygen sensors (pre catalytic)