New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    hi folks!

just bought a 123 230e 84 model with manual tranny.

im new to benz in a way and i would love to tinker with it and to make my tank run on more years on the road with me.

love to get my hands dirty while taking care of my pet, just change the differential oil (SAE 90 -is this correct?)

checked the tranny, oil level and color condition - still good/acceptable - including other parts that needs oil.

on to my question, i would like to know what type of engine oil is best suited for her engine? 20w-40?

tia!

jay

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    20W40 is okay for M102.

Manual gearbox oil is ATF (as stated in the manual), not gear oil.

Rear diff oil is SAE 90.

Here's a good link on how to replace your diff oil. Mercedes Rear Differential Fluid Change

Feel free to ask here if you have further questions. A bunch of MBCP guys including me, are also members of Tsikot.

Congrats on your "new" Benz.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    thnx for the info, really appreciate it bro!

already did on the diff oil. i think the seal is leaking, just on one side. i guess its better to replace both seals?

when got home, checked all the oils that need to be check by myself going down on her
    1) engine oil - good condition
    2) transmission oil - good condition
    3) differential oil - replaced oil (used 90W)
    4) power steering fluid - good condition
    5) break fluid - needs to be flush - will do this, need to buy first sets of rear break pads when i go to manila - whats the best with a good price on the brand for these you could recommend?
    6) air filter - needs to be replace
    7) carb oil - yaiks! almost dry - filled her up with ATF (saw details on this matter at MBCP forum - thnx peeps at MBCP!)

will check again the mechanical parts, same time learning the stuff .....

next on the line for me is the electrical. will do repairs on a slow pace on my free time only. its more satisfying tinkering by myself than going to the mechanic for the basics, dont mind getting the hands dirty and oily hehehe.

ika nga, mas "mas masarap" ang actual diba

so peeps, hope you dont mind sharing and giving points to this "ignot" newbie...... pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee! hehehe

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Re:

4. The power steering pump has a filter that must be replaced, along with the fluid (ATF). See here: https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Mercede...r+Change/22549

5. Use ATE DOT 4, blue colored brake fluid. Brake pads, buy ATE brand or Ferodo. There's a list of parts shops that I posted on the other thread, you can call them for prices. See here: http://tsikot.com/forums/mercedes-be...3/#post2366986

7. Carb oil? I thought you had a 230E? 230E's are already fuel injected. Maybe you have a rebadged 200, M102 2.0 Stromberg carb?

Replace all the diff seals, its better practise that way. Mahirap at mabigat yan, kaya its worth doing all the job at one time.
    Last edited by lowslowbenz; July 1st, 2014 at 12:54 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    carb - yaiks! baka nga sir rebadge, wala kasi akong alam masyado sa chedeng hehehe

eto pix sir

[IMG][/IMG]

oil checking nya sir is like checking break fluid, at least per week?

eto sir anong tawag dito? connected sa carb and engine kasi

[IMG][/IMG]

naguluhan tuloy ako kung 230E nga, kasi sa badge eh, pero text sakin sabi 200 gas daw.

or baka palit makina na? sige kungn ko pix ang engine bay sir tapos post ko ulit dito, nasa labas kasi ngayon

VIN kasi sa kaha WDB 1232201A209384, baka iba iba kaha sa makina hehehehe. at least benz pareho, hinid singer na makina hhehehe

eto sya sir. oks pa naman, nasa 8 km/lit pa sya sa highway, city aournd 5-6 kms ata, not yet sure dito, approx lang.

next big proj ko sa lineup is the floorings, yun ang hindi na kaya ng kamay ko hehe

sa mechanical and electrical muna ako naka concentrate.

[IMG][/IMG]

wala pang star sa hood kasi pag oks na condition nya thats the time ill put her the crown.

salamat sir ng marami sa abala! ulit ulitin ko ha sir hehehe

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Sorry, I cannot view the pictures. Strict ang office server namin. But I think its a rebadged 200. Check the oil periodically if you can, and radiator water too. Before every use is ideal, remember luma na kotse yan. All fluids must be at their correct levels.

I'm getting 8 kms/litre city driving on my 200G, highway is around 9-10-ish. You can tune the engine for optimum performance and increased fuel mileage, provided you know how to adjust timing (you must have a timing light for this). You can also fine tune the carb.

See here: stromberg 175

Or you can google, Stromberg 175 CDT/U

7. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    thnx sir for the info reg the car details, ganda! nangati tuloy kamay ko, parang sarap kalasin hehehe (sabay pigil)

i think nga na timing and differencia.

thnx again sir!

8. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    btw for those familiar with benz, paki clarify naman kung what type of engine etong nakalagay sa akin.

naguluhan ako kung ano talaga makina hehehe

salamat ulit!

[IMG][/IMG]

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dyey View Post
    btw for those familiar with benz, paki clarify naman kung what type of engine etong nakalagay sa akin.

naguluhan ako kung ano talaga makina hehehe

salamat ulit!

[IMG][/IMG]
    M102 engine 200G

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast