New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Need your help guys! We just recently found out that the fuel distributor is already busted.
    It started as palyado, so i had the distributor cap replaced but still no luck. So my dad took it to a shop to have the oil changed
    Again he went home frustrated. So he called his trusted mechanic to check on the unit, They had to do a top over haul (thanks mang jo of joen he delivered all the parts)
    So the job was done, fingers crossed, still the same palyado problem, the mechanic told us that the number 4 cylinder is not burning fuel.

So he suggested to look for a fuel distributor. So checked on the internet, luckily i came across a guy whose selling surplus parts.
    I immediately called him, hoping that he could me unfortunately there was no stock. He suggested a simple remedybthat might fix the problem.

He told me to boil atf and dip the upper part on the boiled atf. Let sit for about 20 minutes and leave it hanging to dry.
    Fingers crossed again still no luck and what still running the same.

Here's the detail of my ride:

230ce 1983 w123 m102 engine

And also im looking for a new fuel tank. I'll have both parts replaced.

Thanks and more power tsikot.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Good condition surplus fuel distributors for M102 are often hard to come by and quite expensive too. Be aware of "reconditioned" distributors out there that offer false promises.

Off hand, you can convert your engine to a carbed unit (Stromberg 175 CDTU). Much easier to maintain and tune, offers comparable performance with the injected model too.

Goodluck.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Sir ano po ang residual pressure and holding ng fuel distributor mo? at ano po ang delivery rate ng fuel pump mo? and ilang milli amps ang nakukuha mong reading sa electronic pressure regulator mo? meron ako dito fuel distributor pwd ko ibenta sayo kaya lang ayoko ng ipang tetesting lang to sir dahil sure akong gumagana to. pa check mo ulit sir yung basic data bago natin ikasa tong parts ko. thank you po.

Need help on sourcing out fuel distributor and fuel tank