New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    hi! although i'm a W123 fan i also appreciate the 115 body...

someone is offering a 115 body benz for a very low price.... good body/paint and interiors.. problem is - defective engine..

i'm contemplating on buying it and have an engine swap, those diesel japan engines (para tipid lang)....

what engines would easily be swapped with this car.... also are parts abundant and reasonable for this model???

what are things to look out for this car model???

TIA

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    well.. whatever engine you think of.. you will be doing some modifications especially on the engine mounts...

tipid?.. diesel engine of the nissan urvan. or maybe a 2L engine of a toyota hiace.

are they feasible?. pera na lang ang katapat nyan...

as for parts.. unti-unti na rin nauubos.. since most of the surplus parts have been bought and placed on existing 115s. ang mga natira na lang eh medyo so-so ang condition.

Things to look out?.. if you find a diesel variant of this model, .. get it!.. and fix it.. ehehe..:D

as with any other old cars. .things to look out for are hidden rusts. Fenders, hood hinges, trunks, floors etc.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    tnx for the speedy reply HBOY!

any idea how come there is a large difference in the pricing of W115 to W123 body benz's???

how are parts availability and affordability for W123 body??

whats so special about the diesel variants of these models?? i searched the web and they were offered 200D and 240D engines... are htese the very same engines used on W123 body???

TIA

4. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    BTW HBOY, i just saw ur 300TD wagon at pbase... nice! i'm really fond of that model!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    there is a big price difference between the 123 and 115.. mainly because the 123 was considered (correct nyo na lang ako kung mali) to be the best MB ever made..hehehe.. that's just me actually making myself believe in the car i have.. bwahaha..:D

anyway.. mas popular among MB enthusiast ang 123.. maybe that's why the price difference is a lot. By the way, MB Germany has placed the 123 as a classic car na..:D

When i said if you found a diesel, keep it.. it is because.. mas konti ang diesel 115 dito sa atin... they may not be fast cars.. but they are very practical and economical for a city car. And you still arrive in style where ever you go

the engines that were in the 115 are the same diesels that are in the 123 bodies.
    Got this from the net:
    220 D; W115; W123; 55 hp, 60 hp
    240 D; W115; W123; 65 hp, 72 hp
    240 D 3.0; W115; 80 hp (300D in a 123)

If you can find the 240D 3.0, keep it.. rare buy yan dito... the engine in that is the same engine as the one in my wagon

You wont find a turbo diesel in that model though.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Our very first Mercedes Benz (back in 1990), was a 1972 W115 240D. It's one tough car. Almost tank-like in construction.

Right now, a fully restored W115 200 is sitting at the hospital parking lot. And I spent a few minutes admiring it before I logged on.

The W115 is a very popular model here. The W123 supercedes it in almost all aspects. And even today, the W123 looks modern.

If you want to go for a diesel swap in the W115, stick with Mercedes Benz engines. That way, the swap will be relatively straightforward. If you use the 300D, engine, you also get the bonus of being able to use [relatively] inexpensive parts from the Ssangyong Istana (a.k.a. MB100D 2.9). Dun kami kumukha ng parts for our 300SD.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    where should i look for MB diesel engines??? any idea how much these are???

TIA

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    good condition MB diesel engines? will run you about 100K... i think.. hehe.e.

here is an example of having money and having an MB..customize it to your liking...

http://classiccarfair.com/1967merced...onvertible.htm

9. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    100k!! dang! looks like if i'm gonna consider an engine swap i should just stick with japan engines... or better yet, save my money and get a good condition W123 in the future....

10. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    haaaay, how i wish i had the means to get myself a W123 wagon like HBOY's....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Mercedez Benz 115 body tips please...