New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Last edited by hens; April 1st, 2005 at 02:28 AM.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Most European cars have electrical gremlins (from my previous E36 and E46)...so this doesn't really surprise me....the important thing is, they acknowledged it and they're willing to fix it at their expense.

Quote Originally Posted by airshaq20
    Most European cars have electrical gremlins
    Why? Didn't they test it?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Mercedes-Benz doesnt make cars like they used too. For the amount you pay you'd think they'd be more reliable than Toyotas or Hondas.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvDetailing
    Why? Didn't they test it?
    They do test it....but as with all electronics - it can fail anytime.

So MBs and other Euro cars rely more on electronics than Jap cars?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Yup, Pag nasiraan ka ng Battery/Alternator...di na gagana yung computer box (ECU)..patay lahat!!! pati engine!..Nangyari na sa akin yan!!!

pero ok na ngayon..pinalitan na yung regulator..
    Last edited by hens; April 1st, 2005 at 03:06 AM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Problem w/ European cars is that they arent as reliable as before during our dad or grandfather's time. I guess this could be attributed to cutting cost and fattening the bottom line. Most European car owners would not admit it but sometimes their rides are more trouble than they're worth. When they break down the spare parts are insanely expensive, labor from authorized dealers is equally expensive. Just to have their diagnostic computer check your car costs a cool 3-5 grand. Lights conk out and need to be fixed within half a year. Battery discharges after a year. Power windows refuse to work under 2 years. The list goes on and on and on.

http://www.consumerreports.org/main/...lder_id=156209
    Last edited by OTO; April 1st, 2005 at 03:17 AM.

Hens: hirap din pala, dapat may kasamang backup

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Yeah, more than the jap cars....with some euro cars, you can't just take off the battery without getting into some problem when you put it back....same with the seats....if you take it off, its not just the 4 bolts....there's the seat heater wire and airbag wires....sounds easy? nope..when you put it back..you have to reset the computer and only the dealer can reset it (unless you have the reset tool).....

euro cars are much much more advanced than you think with their electronics...some have seat memory up to a certain number of drivers..so when you go in the car, it will adjust the seat height, tilt, steering wheel adjustment for you....

it will take me pages if i have to enumarate all their gizmo stuffs..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Mercedes Recall - Electrical issues