New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by RS Sprint
    boybi,

Well, yun angsabi sakin na casa 2 days ago, and nasabi narin sakin dati ng mga kaibigan ko na grey-market importers.

afrasay,

Bibilhin mo parin VITO?
    I would strongly disagree with RS Sprint on this.

My dad's MB Vito has been with him for 2 years now and showing no signs of wear and tear even after driving it back and forth to Gen San which is about 2 to 3 hours drive from davao with some parts of the route being rough road.

In Frankfurt, I saw plenty of Vito's being used for cargo and or transporting goods around the city. In Singapore, it was also used like in Frankfurt. Talk about being easily destroyed eh?

Have your friends considered the driving habits of the people who owned Vito's? Baka akala nila e dahil MB e pwede nang ratratin ng husto.

I once remember this couple who owned the very first units of the Nissan Patrol with the common rail for its fuel injection system. After 2 months of using, it bogged down. Why? the fuel injection pump failed because of dirty fuel. Believe me, they wouldn't believe it was dirty fuel till we drained their tank and had the leftover diesel tested in a lab. They even had the nerve of asking for the warranty.

The lesson is: not because you spent so much money for some flashy car and it bogs down, you conclude it is defective when it fact, it may be the people who owned it must be defective. he he

Doc Diesel

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Doc Diesel, as i have asked in the previous post, where do you have your vito serviced? like the regular PMS. the nearest MB dealer here is around 2hrs. don't know if that dealer has a service center. if not, i will have to go to manila for servicing. ok lang kaya kung sa mga gas station lang ako mag pa change oil?
    Signature

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi
    Doc Diesel, as i have asked in the previous post, where do you have your vito serviced? like the regular PMS. the nearest MB dealer here is around 2hrs. don't know if that dealer has a service center. if not, i will have to go to manila for servicing. ok lang kaya kung sa mga gas station lang ako mag pa change oil?
    PMS? We only go to Commercial Motors here in Davao since they are the only one we know of. Kung meron man iba, we haven't tried them yet.

I would suggest you to Commercial or any affiliate for the 5 to 20 or kahit 15K check up muna so as not to void the warranty. Try to see what is normally done para next time you can bring it to your suking gas station and teach them if they don't do it right.

Funny nga e. My dad didn't follow the specified PMS of 5K, 10K etc. He only had it serviced at 12K na after he bought it. Yet, wala namang nangyari.

Doc Diesel

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Diesel
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi
    PMS? We only go to Commercial Motors here in Davao since they are the only one we know of. Kung meron man iba, we haven't tried them yet.

Funny nga e. My dad didn't follow the specified PMS of 5K, 10K etc. He only had it serviced at 12K na after he bought it. Yet, wala namang nangyari.

Doc Diesel
    i thought every 20,000kms ang PMS ng vito? or is it for oil change only and yung every 5,000kms PMS ay for inspection and maintenance of the engine/van?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ganun ba? I was the one who told my dad to have it checked by those intervals. If kung every 20k lang e di good, makakatipid ng konti. Sanay kasi kami sa ganung check up because of our shop's vehicle check up.

Doc Diesel

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Doc Diesel, how about the riding comfort? what can you say about this, comparing this to other van that you have driven/ridden.
    Signature

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mukha ngang nasira sila sa van... UNIMOG na lang bilhin mo... yung 500 series..eheheh

ganda pang pangoffroad yun!.. ehehe

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by HBOY
    mukha ngang nasira sila sa van... UNIMOG na lang bilhin mo... yung 500 series..eheheh

ganda pang pangoffroad yun!.. ehehe
    UNIMOG. Mayroon niyan sa office. Grabe ang taas. Pang check ng mga relay station sa bundok.

Well I guess nasa gumagamit talaga iyan. If they say 20,000KM ang change oil I'll still stick to the 5,000km , mahirap na. An ounce to prevention is worth a pound of cure.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    afrasay,

Bakit hindi mo pinakita sakin yung Unimog nung nasa office mo ako? Sayang! Last week I saw a convoy of brand new Mitsubishi trucks na 4X4. Naka-electric winch pa. Napocor ang may ari.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ano po ba yung unimog? akala ko nagka typo lang si hboy.
    Signature

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Mercedes Benz Vito [Merged]