New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    I'm thinking of getting a 1998 SLK230. I've never owned a Mercedes and I would like to hear from those of you who have experienced owning one. Any problems with this type of model? Is it easy to maintain? What should I look out for? Appreciate your input. Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    70+ views and no reply? Come on guys, throw me a bone here.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Why don't you get a copy of this month's top gear philippine edition. The SLK is featured in the magazine's used car of the month section.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    san location mo? ipacheck mo sa certified mb guru. that is the best way.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by SW21 View Post
    I'm thinking of getting a 1998 SLK230. I've never owned a Mercedes and I would like to hear from those of you who have experienced owning one. Any problems with this type of model? Is it easy to maintain? What should I look out for? Appreciate your input. Thanks in advance.
    I would suggest you PM gerard tagyty because he owns 1 but I don't know if it's the same model year.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ronw123w124 View Post
    Why don't you get a copy of this month's top gear philippine edition. The SLK is featured in the magazine's used car of the month section.
    I'm out of the country but I might come back this June. Anyway, what does it say in the mag? Thanks in advance.

7. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by SW21 View Post
    Small Light Kompressor (SLK).... Go baby, go!!!!!! Get it while still hot. Not to mention those lovely chicks wants to try the best.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Make sure that the folding roof comes down smoothly and without much noise. One of the things first to go is the mechanism, once it's out of alignment mahirap ibalik and may be prone to leaks. Test drive mo rin siya, with the roof up and with it down. Feel for body shakes, especially with the roof down. You never know the true condition of the underbody components and chassis squeaks tell a lot. I'm not familiar with the specific mechanisms but if I were to get an SLK then those would be the first I'd look into.

Alternatively, you can join the MBCP at mbclub.ph and post there, for sure you'll get more experienced members to answer you in great detail.

Mercedes Benz SLK230