New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Did somebody say 2.3-16?

Last edited by mbeige; February 25th, 2008 at 08:52 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    Did somebody say 2.3-16?

Oh no! Stop it!

mbeige, i think the question is "Is MB C220 a Lemon Car?" But that baby is really going to make a lemonade out of the younger sistah!

3. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    First, ask the previous owners regarding all the parts replaced and major problems encountered with the unit but repaired. Expect mo na din that there are some problems na ikaw na ang aabutan dahil second hand mo naman nakuha yung unit. European cars are really fun to drive but expect mo na na medyo mas mahal ang parts comnpared to japanese cars. We have Volkswagen Caravelle TDI 97 model, second hand namin nakuha. At first dami talagang problemang lumabas pero na solve na namin lahat. And right now, in top condition siya and sarap talaga gamitin. Hindi nakakapagod i-drive ang mga european cars kahit na manual tranny siya. Huwag mo lang talaga compare yung price ng parts sa Japanese Cars.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Paging boss Hens.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    ^ More reason to keep your 190E and I agree with you there.

As Afrasay said the wiring harness is an issue along those years. Log on to MBCLUB.PH and check classifieds, somebody is selling their C220. ;)
    Oh you beat me to it...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed View Post
    Paging boss Hens.
    Dave,
    Hen's is a 2002 plus model. Had a talk with him when I saw him at Kababs. To some it all, lots of trouble yun MB niya. But hey, we are talking about a C class 1995-1998 (correct me if I'm wrong) kayang kaya ng mga ghetto MB mechanics ito.

To the TS,
    Tama yun sinabi nila na expect some parts to break down due to wear and tear. But once you've replace them count how many years since the car is new before you replace that part again. I don't know what in those German metal but my W124 is still rust free after 17 yrs and 155,000 km. My seats, sidings and all are still intact, no tear or discoloration because of age.
    When I say rpm hunting it doesn't mean the car goes forward uncontrolably. RPM hunt niya is only around 100 to 200 rpm. This was fixed by cleaning the maf sensor though this could also be one of the symptoms of the faulty fuel filter/pump, broken air hose or the dreaded wiring harness.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ah ok, the W202 not 203...

Just realize that no matter how good the car is or how good the parts are, if the previous owner(s) isnt' the type of owner who cuts corners in maintenance during the car's decade-long toil, the car's reputation really won't make a single factor...

If a car has been owned by more than one owner, your odds of getting one that's REALLY well taken care off inside-out will be prettttyy slim.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    european + late 90's definitely lemon na yan

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ringostarr View Post
    european + late 90's definitely lemon na yan
    ang galing mo! teka pano na yung pangarap kong 203 ang ganda pa naman ng itsura nun huhuhuhu! dibale balik na lang sa 201, isa pa! 2.3-16, humanda ka hehehehe.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hmmm....if they are lemon cars then why do they keep producing them? And why do people still buy them? I bought my first (akala mo may kasunod pa noh...hehehe) Mercedes not because of its durability, not because of the almost the same maintenance cost of a Jap car, not because it is European, not because it stands out (well... the hood ornament), not because of its ride and handling. I bought it because I always wanted a merc since the first time I rode one when I was a kid. Kaya nga sinabi nilang passion...kasi malapit na ang Holy Week at parang kang nag papasion pag ng maintain ka ng MB, pun intended...hehehe.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Is MB C220 a Lemon car?