New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I'm in search of a starter motor for my W124 260E...

My mechanic said that even a starter from an MB100 is an exact fit to the M103 engine...

All leads welcome BUT most preferably in the Paranaque/Alabang/Las Pinas area...

Cheers everyone!!!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Doc, pwede daw ba? In that case, I suggest you go brand new. If you're considering on the MB100 starter.

Though I have my reservations on this ... but it's your call .. :D

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Francis, I think you're right... Somehow the purist in me prevailed... At the risk of sounding like Herr Fuhrer I don't want my German car mixed with another car part...

As an update, the electrician took a hard look at the started and they're suspecting the solenoid... I do hope it's only that...

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by docgorio View Post
    Francis, I think you're right... Somehow the purist in me prevailed... At the risk of sounding like Herr Fuhrer I don't want my German car mixed with another car part...

As an update, the electrician took a hard look at the started and they're suspecting the solenoid... I do hope it's only that...
    That's good news, as an added bonus ask your electrician to check the condition of the carbon brushes and the commutator. Replacing the brushes (if they're worn) and level or clean the commutator would be a good idea!

LF: starter motor for W124 or MB100