New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by E240 View Post
    Am not from manila can i tell my concern thru phone? Thanks for the replies bro.
    Yes you can. Call their service department hotline and have your VIN (Vehicle ID Number) ready in case they ask for it. You may have to bring your car here in Manila for key re-programming though. Or have a CATS technician fly out to you (if you're in the Visayas or Mindanao area). OR, they may teach you certain procedures on how to introduce a fresh key/transponder to your vehicles' ECU.

For the record, Am not sure of the possibilities, you can negotiate with them on the best possible solution.

Good luck

2. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    Yes you can. Call their service department hotline and have your VIN (Vehicle ID Number) ready in case they ask for it. You may have to bring your car here in Manila for key re-programming though. Or have a CATS technician fly out to you (if you're in the Visayas or Mindanao area). OR, they may teach you certain procedures on how to introduce a fresh key/transponder to your vehicles' ECU.

For the record, Am not sure of the possibilities, you can negotiate with them on the best possible solution.

Good luck
    Called CATS awhile ago they do not repair or reprogramme. They will change the whole key fob. Guess what it will cost me a fortune like buying a brandnew honda wave. It would take 3 weeks to arrive here in the Philippines.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ^

Yes, its that "expensive" for just the (blank) key and fob. If there's any consolation, at least you know that your car's security features are up and working.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    ^

Yes, its that "expensive" for just the (blank) key and fob. If there's any consolation, at least you know that your car's security features are up and working.
    Anyways can i go direct mercedes benz germany or US to buy a key fob coz it's alot cheaper. Way way cheaper.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ^

You can do that too. Just take note of your VIN, as models may vary from region to region / market to market. If your car is local, then that would be an Asian market specced vehicle, goes down from there too. Top guns are shipped to Japan and the richer Asian countries, while the more bland models make it to our shores. Do take note that you still need to go to CATS, for programming of your new blank key to work on your car.

Good luck.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Thank you bro you're a big help. I just hope that i could still find the cheapest way to solve this problem. Hehe!

7. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    I saw this ad at sulit.com.ph selling key fob but no programming only 7,900 for the whole brand new key. Pwede kaya ako bumili ng susi dun at pa program sa CATS? Mas murang malayo as in! The key itself 3x cheaper.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ^

Do a thorough check first if that spare key is the real thing (genuine), and if its the right key + fob. If you can do an actual inspection of the item, much better. Those things did not come on a generic basis, you know. That is why I always recommend that you have your VIN at all times. Different models, different VIN's, different key fobs and different codes too.

The advantages of buying at the dealer is that you get parts and workmanship warranty for the whole thing. Buying outside gets you nothing, but, you get it at a much cheaper price (just make sure its a genuine MB part) plus you still have to go to the dealer for programming. I don't know how much CATS charges for programming only.

Your choice boss.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    You have a valid reason sir. Anyways it a choice between expensive with peace of mind or cheper with peace of wallet. Lolol!

10. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    By the way any idea how long is the life span of our key fob? With normal wear and tear?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast