New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    well I really love my car it's a 1987 Mercedes Benz 190e 5 speed 16V
    with 2.3 liter engine. It has about 124k miles and some upgrades, like carbon fiber interior, lowering springs, struts, black out tail lights, remus muffler, etc...

Now I want to send it to my house sa Pinas. Just a ballpark how much will it cost me taxes and all? I bought it for about $2,000 US$ and I have paperwork for it. I'm willing to pay I think up to $4k for everything is this good enough budget? I will appreciate any help...salamas

2. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Get in touch with Alpha Cargo or some other balikbayan box company. They usually also do this.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    I agree....a balikabayan box provider or cargo forwarder could give you more information.
    I also have read something about waiving taxes for used cars for returning balikbayans. It was quite some time ago, don't know if this still applies though.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    thanks sa mga input. i will definitely check alpha cargo and maybe LBC? Hopefully they will help me out with everything taxes, paperworks, etc.

It will be really a big plus if I can get a break since I am an OFW for several years na and this is a 20 year old car man.

Hopefully by next year ay maisend home ko na ini!

Has anyone on the forum done this before? Like first hand experience?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    how much did your car cost in 1992? multiply that by 2 and more or less, that's how much you'll have to pay in taxes.

customs will not base their taxes on how much you bought your car, or how much your car will cost now. rather, for cars more than 5 years old, they will base their taxes on how much your car cost on its 5th year depreciation cost.

if say your car, brand new in 1987, cost about $20K and it depreciated to about $10K in 1992. multiplying that by 2 (eg. $20K) will be the approx cost of your customs duties.

to anyone in the logistics business, please correct me if i'm wrong pero ito ang pagkakaintindi ko noong isang araw na inisip ko din ipasok ang isang kotse from abroad.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You might want to consider bringing it in to Philippines via Cebu .... wherein hindi ganun ka garapal ang mga customs official and faster ang transactions. Sana merun kang kamaganak na taga cebu to arrange it though.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I have called up Alpha Cargo and LBC USA ndi na raw sila nag aassist on exporting cars to PI.

So I guess Im on my own to find an international cargo fwder. I don't know the details kung pano kukunin sa customs, ek ek since I am overseas.

I bought the car for about $2k with receipt so hopefully ito ang pagbabasihan ng value of the car. I think it was about $45k new in 1987.

I can do Cebu if this is better and cheaper then dalhin na lang sa Manila.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Better to get in touch with a used car/grey market importer.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Try Forex Cargo. May flyer ang Alpha Cargo dati about returning OFWs nakakapagtaka na hindi pala nila ginagawa yun.

Try this thread.

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showt...ight=importing

10. Join Date
    May 2007
    Hi Kiroy,

pede humingi ng picture ng interior mo? ang ganda ganda ng pag setup mo sa benz mo. di ko siya gagayahin pero kukuha lang ako ng idea. i have the same car pero di 16 valve

salamat in advance

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
I want to export my Benz car from US to Phils...possible?