New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    [SIZE="5"]Starting a "expensive" thread for the Benz subforum.[/SIZE]

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My dad's merc got a scratched/dimpled bumper after an encounter with a concrete block while parking.

The bill for repair...

:jawdrop::faint::injured:

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Ouch!.

I yet have to see some MBCP members "complaining" on their repair bills hehehe ... Considering the wide array of models (both classic and new) .. the cost should probably be around the figure of an arm, a leg, and the left kidney .. :D

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Is the bumper cracked? The way I see it, its just a deep scratch, why replace the whole bumper if its only a scratch? You can always have the bumper repainted.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ronw123w124 View Post
    Is the bumper cracked? The way I see it, its just a deep scratch, why replace the whole bumper if its only a scratch? You can always have the bumper repainted.
    The "scratch" is also a dimple of the length of the scratch and going deeper to a max of 1/4 inch as the deepest.

Anyway, I am having it repaired (instead of replaced) at another shop. P2,500.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; July 20th, 2011 at 05:24 PM.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Scratch lang, ang recommendation ng MB ay replace rear bumper na agad. Aray ku

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by absinthe View Post
    Scratch lang, ang recommendation ng MB ay replace rear bumper na agad. Aray ku
    Scratch with dimple on a plastic bumper. Still minor damage by any measure yet casa recommended bumper replacement.

Go figure.

It will always happen when you have a prestige vehicle and get it to have all the services at the dealership. OK, bumpers nowadays are essentially a plastic cover, so can be fixed even at home. I only take a vehicle for the dealership if there is an electric issue.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    My dad's merc got a scratched/dimpled bumper after an encounter with a concrete block while parking.

The bill for repair...

:jawdrop::faint::injured:
    Ginto ata paint ah.

Kaya naman siguro ng mga paint shop yan with color mixers/reader ata yun for about P4-6K...

Pero sabagay MB eh.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Ginto ata paint ah.

Kaya naman siguro ng mga paint shop yan with color mixers/reader ata yun for about P4-6K...

Pero sabagay MB eh.

Oo nga eh, baka gold flakes nakahalo sa paint instead of the usual metal flakes. hehehe

I am having it repaired at a shop I know. Price quote from that shop: P2,500.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
How expensive is "expensive" Mercedes Benz Edition