New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Hi... I recently found that the rear passenger carpet was wet. I check the the side near the door and it's dry. I removed the front carpet and the rubber insulator and found water... I got the water out and let it sit outside the rain. When I checked, I found water again so its not coming from the A/C. I guess it would come from the vents or the front door weatherstip or the windshield... Anybody have similar experience with the W124? any help is greatly appreciated.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    dapat makita mo source of leak, could be from ceiling or b-pillar.. looks like you have to be inside the car during a downpour para makita san galing tubig. the tubes sa may ceiling could just be misaligned and can easily be taken down to be sorted out by experienced mechanic..hth..

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I would like to share this info to you (and others). Hope this help you find the source of that leak.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    (cont.)

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Hindi ko makita ang links ni Bob eh .... * TS .. may sunroof option ka ba?

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    Hindi ko makita ang links ni Bob eh .... * TS .. may sunroof option ka ba?
    Partner, same as what I have posted sa board natin. In the same sequence (9 links). I do not know how to attach a file here.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Benzmizer View Post
    Partner, same as what I have posted sa board natin. In the same sequence (9 links). I do not know how to attach a file here.
    Those are items to keep the water out of the car, not to prevent them from coming in, which is what we're looking for.

I'm guessing the leak is not a standard drain but something defective like a weatherstrip item, windshield seal, or sunroof drains.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    I encountered the same problem in my S124 and found out that there was a crack in that plastic gutter like thing just under the windshield, the one that drains water from the windshield (I dont know what you call that). Took so long to spot but once I fixed that with sealant the problem was fixed.

Hope this helps.

D

Help...S124 passenger side leak