New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    gurus, quick question.. saan sensor nakakabit yung Fuel Economy meter sa instrument panel.. since umandar yung kotse, lagi syang nasa red, di sya gumagalaw. May this be causing the excess fuel consumption ng car?

Thanks!
    Mark

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ever considered that the sensor could be faulty?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    ever considered that the sensor could be faulty?
    it was working kasi nung bago binaklas.. saka we're not sure kung san location nung sensor para dun...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    From what I know, the fuel economy gauge sensor might actually be a oil pressure sensor. Unfortunately I am no MB expert.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I do remember experiencing the same on my 107 before. Found one of the "vacuum line" disconected at the engine bay. Sorry but I was not able to picture the part that was connected.... but it should something near the HVAC area.

Good luck!

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I do remember experiencing the same on my 107 before. Found one of the "vacuum line" disconected at the engine bay. Sorry but I was not able to picture the part that was connected.... but it should something near the HVAC area.

Good luck!

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ralliart17 View Post
    gurus, quick question.. saan sensor nakakabit yung Fuel Economy meter sa instrument panel.. since umandar yung kotse, lagi syang nasa red, di sya gumagalaw. May this be causing the excess fuel consumption ng car?

Thanks!
    Mark
    The fuel economy gauge is a simple vacuum line routed to the intake manifold. It is a very rough estimate of your fuel economy. Maybe somebody routed it to a vacuum port that is always sucking air, or just plugged it off. I forgot if the system defaults to red when it's off or in the clear.

Regardless, I would find the vacuum hose and route it to the intake, near the brake booster. That's how it is in a 2.6, maybe the 2.3 is similar.

In principle, when you step on the gas, the intake manifold vacuum increases. So the economy gauge senses this and indicates the level of vacuum in the intake. The more vacuum, the more you are consuming fuel (since you're stepping more on the pedal). It's a glorified vacuum gauge. That's how it works.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    What Pat said is correct .........

OR

Your air / fuel mixtures adjustments are way off spec...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    What Pat said is correct .........

OR

Your air / fuel mixtures adjustments are way off spec...
    I'll check the vacuum hoses..

and I might considering the second option... pag cold start kasi, ok ang idle ng kotse, asa 1K rpm then babagsak sa 750 pag naka aircon.. pag mainit na, sobrang baba na nya as 5K na and shaky na sya pag naka engage transmission..

10. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ralliart17 View Post
    I'll check the vacuum hoses..

and I might considering the second option... pag cold start kasi, ok ang idle ng kotse, asa 1K rpm then babagsak sa 750 pag naka aircon.. pag mainit na, sobrang baba na nya as 5K na and shaky na sya pag naka engage transmission..
    check mo rin yun ICV baka madumi o kaya nag loloko na

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Fuel Economy Sensor - 190E 2.3 AT