New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    I'm not really a purist, I just want something that is easy to look at and everything in km/h including the odo. I found a cluster at eBay Motors that is an ideal replacement. But will I be luckier to look at surplus and junkyards locally? And... is a euro cluster replacement is as simple as "plug-and-play" (not a buzzword during the 80's) to the US version?

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jaredpogi View Post
    I'm not really a purist, I just want something that is easy to look at and everything in km/h including the odo. I found a cluster at eBay Motors that is an ideal replacement. But will I be luckier to look at surplus and junkyards locally? And... is a euro cluster replacement is as simple as "plug-and-play" (not a buzzword during the 80's) to the US version?
    I've seen this done to a number of w123's and w124's as well, I believe this should be a simple "plug and play"modification. You can try Charon in Congressional ave. or Ricky Chua for your instrument cluster needs.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ronw123w124 View Post
    I've seen this done to a number of w123's and w124's as well, I believe this should be a simple "plug and play"modification. You can try Charon in Congressional ave. or Ricky Chua for your instrument cluster needs.
    Hi Ron, thanks a lot!

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Make sure the speedometer is calibrated for your final drive ratio, otherwise if you plug and play the speedo will be off if it's not for your application. At least on W123's, the diesel tachometers are different than the gasser versions, so keep that in mind too. I would think the W201 already had the electronic oil pressure gauge rather than the older style mechanical gauge. So you have at least three things to consider.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Not really going to be a big issue for me, 'coz right now when my W201 registers 80kph I think the car actually runs faster than that maybe around +5kph more. I dunno, maybe the cars around me are just slower

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    I went to Ricky Chua yesterday and I think I saw a 190E euro instrument cluster but its in RHD form, I guess you could just pull out the guages from the cluster and just install it on your existing cluster.
    Last edited by ronw123w124; April 20th, 2008 at 11:40 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    I went to Ricky Chua yesterday and I think I saw a 190E euro instrument cluster but its in RHD form, I guess you could just pull out the guages from the cluster and just install it on your existing cluster.
    you mean the tach is on the left and the "holy-quadnity" is on the right? well i have no problem with that, probably came from hong kong.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    you mean the tach is on the left and the "holy-quadnity" is on the right? well i have no problem with that, probably came from hong kong.
    Actually the guages have the same arrangement as in the LHD cars but the cluster would not fit your 190E because of the different contour of a RHD dashboard.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    I see, so it's kinda "looking out to the left". How come they're selling it?

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    I see, so it's kinda "looking out to the left". How come they're selling it?
    It comes from a parts car from Japan, a 1/2 cut or front cut

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Euro Instrument Cluster for a US version W201?