New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by vinrem View Post
    Errr how about 2002 Golf GTi? The car is for my nephew pala who just migrated sa Canada and want a car from house to work to school. Thanks guys sa mga inputs hehehe

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
    get a toyota.
    they're as problem-free there, as they are, here.

that there's an 18 year old car!

driving in north america (esp. canada) is different from driving here.
    it's sometimes a long distance between clusters of civilization.
    over there, one can get stranded and incapacitated in the middle of nowhere, and you'd be bones already, before they discover your remains.
    driving in the city, however...

but yes,
    i am talking in extremes.
    Last edited by dr. d; February 18th, 2020 at 11:19 AM.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Errr how about 2002 Golf GTi? The car is for my nephew pala who just migrated sa Canada and want a car from house to work to school. Thanks guys sa mga inputs hehehe

How old is your nephew? Is he mechanically inclined?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    How old is your nephew? Is he mechanically inclined?

He's in his early 20's, he has a 2nd gen vios here and he sometimes tinkers with it.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    same thought.

i was about to suggest, "get a bug".
    it's murder on the winter heating, but it's easy to tinker with. just bring some parts along.

a very far cry from the post-opening MB...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    ICW Scotty, he has a video of three luxury cars he recommends- a lexus, an acura and a lincoln town car.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    He's in his early 20's, he has a 2nd gen vios here and he sometimes tinkers with it.

An 02 Golf will be a handful. Tranny isn't bulletproof. Again, leaks...oil & vacuum are to be expected at that age. Window motors & regulators of Germans aren't as reliable as Nippon. He might see more garage time than road while sorting.
    However, the VAG scene in NA is vibrant & this could be fun for the young. It's a good messy canvass that could make him a knowledgeable wrench....or it could break him.Buying a used 2008 Mercedes benz B Class

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004

Only buy a VW if you live in Europe where parts and maintenance are cheap ... Why buy an old luxury car for the nephew? ... If they really want a used luxury car, consider a Lexus IS or ES ...

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I really liked the W204. Great improvement vs the W203 that preceded it. Personally I think it aged better than the E90, though the E90's biggest advantage is that a 320d was sold locally and the W204 C220 CDI is currently still overpriced.
    Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

Among the BMW 3-series generations, the E46 looked really good IMO ... Also the F30 ...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Told my sis nga that I sometimes watch sa Scotty Kilmer sa YT and he's always discouraged buying a used European luxury car kasi although cheaper when you buy but if there's a broken part, it very expensive to replace.
    She'd probably watch Jeffree Star rather than Scotty ...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Tell your sis to just get a used Toyota Camry for the nephew ...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    I already told them yesterday why not get a Toyota na lang, cheaper to maintain pa than those European cars, baka ayaw Toyota, my nephew keeps on sending pictures of the car he likes, meron 2002 civic si, VW golf GTi, a Chrysler 200 (WTF!) sabi ko agad nonono, and now a 2012 Nissan murano Buying a used 2008 Mercedes benz B Class

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast