New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Hi I have a couple of problems with my 230TE... 1st my economy and oil pressure guage are not working (as in dead na). I know that the economy guage is connected to the vacuum lines in the manifold. How do I check for leaks or if i need to change some parts? How do I check if i need a new oil pressure sending unit or my guage is broke?

Next question: When im cruising the engine feels ok but when i suddenly step on the gas to accelerate I hear a knocking sound (parang tumutope) I only hear it if i step on the gas more than 1.2k rpm and in Drive. pero pag neutral naman then i step on the gas im not hearing anything. Is it because of the gas? 93RON ata yung pinagas ko. or is it a tranny problem or Timing issue.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by 6g4g67 View Post
    Hi I have a couple of problems with my 230TE... 1st my economy and oil pressure guage are not working (as in dead na). I know that the economy guage is connected to the vacuum lines in the manifold. How do I check for leaks or if i need to change some parts? How do I check if i need a new oil pressure sending unit or my guage is broke?

Next question: When im cruising the engine feels ok but when i suddenly step on the gas to accelerate I hear a knocking sound (parang tumutope) I only hear it if i step on the gas more than 1.2k rpm and in Drive. pero pag neutral naman then i step on the gas im not hearing anything. Is it because of the gas? 93RON ata yung pinagas ko. or is it a tranny problem or Timing issue.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks!

the common denominator of the two symptoms is a vacuum leak. the fuel economy gauge is using vacuum from a vacuum reservoir, the same one resposible for your door locks. if it had a vacuum leak, the engine will tend to detonate under load when you open your throttle.

230te guage