New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Greetings to all 190e owners:

I just wanna share my 190e engine transplant to a more practical toyota 7k automatic.... its not as fast and aggressive as the orig. 2.3 engine but it gets the work done.... i get 10 kms / liter out of this toyota engine with aircon on... and it can run over 100kms on highways. most of you may not agree on the engine swap but i had to do it just to make my benz my practical everyday car.....

pls click link below :

Mercedes Benz 190e Engine Conversion - Secondhand For Sale Philippines - 23562685 some infos.....

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Hi,

I have a W123 that I want converted. But I do not want a 7k engine. If you have access to a Nissan RB25DET with a manual transmission, please PM me your conversion price package, including the price of the engine, transmission, and all its ancilliaries.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    Hi,

I have a W123 that I want converted. But I do not want a 7k engine. If you have access to a Nissan RB25DET with a manual transmission, please PM me your conversion price package, including the price of the engine, transmission, and all its ancilliaries.
    Hi there, is this engine you are referring to?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009

is this the engine you are looking for?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ^

Yup, the turbocharged version of that. Hence the DET.

OR:

A Toyota 1JZ-GTE VVTi ...
    Last edited by lowslowbenz; October 4th, 2013 at 04:04 AM.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Sorry, but for me I'd rather stick with the original M102 engine and besides the 7K are known guzzler engines, so whats the point in changing the engine? Kung MB diesel pwede pa yan.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ronw123w124 View Post
    Sorry, but for me I'd rather stick with the original M102 engine and besides the 7K are known guzzler engines, so whats the point in changing the engine? Kung MB diesel pwede pa yan.
    lagi po kasi sira ung fuel distributor ng 190e ko tsaka malakas sa gas ang orig. benz engine as compared to the toyota engine and of course less maintenance ang 7k since surplus japan ung engine complete with wirings, aircon compressor, alternator , power steering pump and the engine itself is good as brandnew...
    as you know mura engine parts ng toyota and readily available.... plus i also converted my aircon to toyota aircon sytem.... now my benz i must say rocks!

I cant ask for more.... practicality with style thats what my car is all about ....

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You just killed 50% of the car's value.

It would have been better if you just converted the car to run on AUTOLPG.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    You just killed 50% of the car's value.

It would have been better if you just converted the car to run on AUTOLPG.
    yup your right i just lowered the value of the car but im planning to keep it for a while... regarding Auto lpg well it crossed my mind actually i still have my lpg kit but its carburator type. Its from from my old 1992 galant i sold last year and the 190e is fuel injected so it wont fit. The thing with my orig benz engine is due for major engine overhaul so i guess autolpg is not a viable alternative....so i did plan b which is the engine swap... so right now im enjoying the car .

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Grabe yan, bro. LSB! Sana matuloy.

Eto sa 123 with RB20 naman.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast