New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by xoom View Post
    .....i'll be hunting for a w124 turbo diesel wagon. yan ang dream family car ko.
    I know of one in the market. If interested, PM me.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Benzmizer View Post
    sir could you email me pics of her? will PM you my email addie. as of now, hold muna ang plan ko bec. of cash liquidity still waiting for my 2 projects to push through a few months from now. election ban pa kase kaya di pa mahilot ang kontrata kay gov. at mayor

i'm dreaming of a white euro, manual 300TD W124 sana, the more stock condition, the better. pa-include na din sir ng VIN and price tag. oh, and sana merong dognet

TIA

3. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    You guys really make me more interested in getting one. Diesel would always be great and MB is really noted for diesels. Puro diesel ang sasakyan ko lately including my suv. Hirap tuloy pumili. Since most of you drive diesels then siguro first choice ko na rin siya. then 260E or 190 E para kaya ni misis drive. what is the estimated fuel consumption for these models? what is the prize range for a well maitained car? iba-iba kasi prizes nakikita ko sa ads. Thanks again.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    RE: price range ... that really depends ... but its in the high 300's to the low 100's ... this of course is relevant to the condition of the vehicle ... (unless you come across a pristine example that's on suicide sale) .. so its best practise to really see the car personally before making any assumptions ... even better if you have an MB mechanic with you.

In an MB .... CONDITION is EVERYTHING ... mileage is irrelevant ... these cars can go on like forever given the proper manitenance and care it deserves. Some MBCP members have cars with mileage comparable to a trip to the moon and back .... the cars are still in tip-top shape .... used everyday ... come rain or shine ...

Shop around .... don't jump on the first juicy deal that comes your way .... nothing is MORE EXPENSIVE ... than a cheap Benz .... you'll end up spending more than the car's worth ... a nightmare of first time MB owners .. hence the proverbial "Mahal mag-maintain ng Benz" mentality ...

Research ... Google .... use the internet .... ask around ... it pays to have advance knowledge of the models you want. The World Wide Web is a treasure trove of ideas related to anything Mercedes.

RE: Diesel MB's .... Advance Welcome to you ... should you "really" decide on a diesel Merc .... The diesels are very well known for their sturdy and bulletproof engines ... (I think Pat, Bob, Ron and myself will agree on this) ... I suggest you get a W124-300D as what Pat mentioned ... again condition is everything ..... ask the owner for service records and other paperwork ... One clear advantage of the diesels over the gas models is that its worry free .... a religious routine of changing the appropriate lubricants and filters is recommended though ... (air, oil, fuel filters)

Mahaba na ... again goodluck on your first MB ..

5. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Thanks to you all! you're very helpful. love this community. will search the net and learn about these MB's, shop around and see what suits me well. the diesel could be my first choice. will let you know when i'm decided and ask your help once more with a good mechanic to help me. will keep you posted.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    We took the 190E to a trip to Santa Barbara last Wednesday. Right now we are in Solvang, residing at the inn where the characters of Sideways also stayed. Car performed flawlessly.

My car is back in the garage. But it's ready for a trip at any time. That's my maintenance principle anyway.

Yes I'm one of those members with high mileage cars (215k miles on both 300D and 190E, 250k miles on the 300TE which is my mother's car). The 300TE received some transmission work recently as well as new serpentine belt, tensioner, tensioner shock and a thorough once over, and should be good to go once more.

Went on the highway with the 190E and computed 18mpg. It's pretty low but we forgot to top off before the trip (with 40 miles logged in). BUT, I was testing the car's AC and heating ability prior to the trip (replaced one part which I had to test with engine running to generate heat for side vent issue). So I had a lot of fuel used up just idling. Pero 18mpg pa rin siya despite that.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    any model you choose.. just choose the best one you can afford...:D

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Benzmizer View Post
    Hey Bob, ba't di ko ata alam yan? Ako din naghahanap nyan. He he...
    Yung tulad nung kay D***, 300TD Turbo Sportsline meron?

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by busdriver View Post
    Hey Bob, ba't di ko ata alam yan? Ako din naghahanap nyan. He he...
    Yung tulad nung kay D***, 300TD Turbo Sportsline meron?
    Hehehe! In search ka pa ba? Nope, this aint a 90s diesel turbo estate.... moreover a Sportline such as D***'s. '87 300TDT AT eto pero may features (aesthetic) adapting it to look like a 92-93 model diesel turbo.

Interested?

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Sarap pormahan ang estate!

190E 2.3-16v or E320 Carlsson estate?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
190E or 230E or 260E