New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Good day, I have a 1984 190e that was not used for 3 years. we tried to start it but hindi nagtutuloy tuloy. ano kaya kailangang i check or palitan?
    napalitan na yung engine oil and nababa na rin yung gas tank.

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    most basic:
    Do the spark plugs spark when the starter is activated and the engine revolutionizes (i always wanted to say that.. ha ha.)? does gasoline enter the carburetor? is there fuel in the float bowl? does the carburetor feed fuel into the cylinders? you might have to manually feed some fuel into the throat to prime the engine.. after 3 years, the gasoline might have evaporated, leaving solid gum blocking the fine fuel passageways in the carb..
    .. are the intake and exhaust valves frozen in place by gums and varnishes?

of course i am assuming it has a carburetor and is not electronic fuel injected.. in 1984.. MB..
    but if you're EFI, it might be something as easy as loose connection.. or you may be in deep excrement.. $$$ !
    Last edited by dr. d; April 13th, 2011 at 05:11 PM.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Malamang fuel pump ang may problema yan ang experience ko sa mga Benz na matagal di nagamit palaging fuel pump ang sira kaya ayaw mag tuloytuloy ang redondo. While you're at it, palitan na rin yung fuel filter.

190e 2.0 wont start