New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    A friend told me to watch this:

Zeitgeist
    This is a must see project. No denying that it's controversial. It's a full length movie about historical perceptions of religion, the US and the world. Take an objective view and develop your own opinion. Quality editing and narration.
    http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

*******:
    http://www.*************/tor/811686

true or not, whatever you're opinion, it's an interesting topic to be talked about.
    Last edited by Negus; September 12th, 2007 at 09:20 AM.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    nakapanood na din ako ng production nila dati. the one i watched is about the american monetary and financial system and how a handful of big name old rich family names came to control and manipulate it masterfully. i'm not sure how real and truthful it is but it sure makes me think: WTF?:shocked2:

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    my coworker mentioned this movie to me today, it was a 2 hour long documentary and very interesting..not to mentioned scary...

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Zeitgeist, the Movie is a 2007 web film produced by Peter Joseph that presents a number of conspiracy theories related to Christianity, the attacks of 9/11, and the Federal Reserve Bank.[1] It was released free online via Google Video in June of 2007.[2] A remastered version was presented as a global premiere on November 10, 2007 at the 4th Annual Artivist Film Festival & Artivist Awards.[3]

The official website provides a list of sources and credits for the "Google Version" of the web film.[4]

Contents [hide]
    1 Structure
    1.1 Part I: The Greatest Story Ever Told
    1.2 Part II: All the World's a Stage
    1.3 Part III: Don't Mind the Men Behind the Curtain
    2 Criticism
    3 See also
    4 References
    5 External links

[edit] Structure

Horus left and Jesus right
    [edit] Part I: The Greatest Story Ever Told
    Part I evaluates Christian beliefs established in the Bible and critiques the historicity of the Bible. In furtherance of the Jesus myth hypothesis, this part argues that the historical Jesus is a literary and astrological hybrid,[5] and that the Bible is based on astrological principles documented by many ancient civilizations, especially pertaining to movement of the sun through the sky and stars. The movie specifically mentions alleged links between Jesus Christ and the Egyptian Sun God Horus.

[edit] Part II: All the World's a Stage
    Part II asserts that the United States was warned about the impending September 11, 2001 attacks, that NORAD was purposely confused through wargames to allow the planes to reach their targets, and that the World Trade Center buildings underwent a controlled demolition. Additionally, the film argues that six of the named hijackers are still alive, that Hani Hanjour could not have flown Flight 77 into the Pentagon, that the Bush Administration covered up the truth in the 9/11 Commission Report, and that the mainstream media has failed to ask important questions about the official account.

[edit] Part III: Don't Mind the Men Behind the Curtain
    Part III asserts that powerful bankers have been conspiring for world domination and increased power. According to the documentary, the rich of society have been using their wealth to increase financial panic and foster a consolidation of independent competing banks. The film details the Theory of Electronic Conspiracy and claims that the Federal Reserve System, the central bank of the United States, was created in order to steal the wealth of the nation. It makes claims of war profiteering by a rich few. It describes the goal of these bankers as world power over a controllable public.[6] This section also claims that there is a clandestine movement to usurp the American constitution and dollar by merging the USA, Canada and Mexico into a North American Union, a super-state similar to the EU. The movie claims that this has been done without the ratification of congress and is promoted as the Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America.

[edit] Criticism
    In addition to attracting significant public interest,[5] it has been criticized for relying too heavily on anecdotal evidence[7] and for using unidentified, undated, and unsourced video news clips, voice-overs, quotes, and book citations without page numbers.[8][9]

In one of its few mainstream reviews the Irish Times called it "unhinged" and accused it of offering nothing but "surreal perversions of genuine issues and debates".[5]

[edit] See also

5. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    sometimes people create a make believe conspiracy theory to give their brains some explanation on things they dont understand or things they are having a hard time to comprehend, accept, or understand.

Zeitgeist the movie