New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Which weekly newsmagazine would you subscribe?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Time

1 25.00%
  • Newsweek

0 0%
  • The Economist

3 75.00%
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Which weekly newsmagazine would you subscribe? And why?

2. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    The Economists.

Writing is rather excellent.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Another vote for The Economist. It is well written indeed, rich with the typical dry British Humour. Contrary to common perception, The Economist is not all about Finance and Economics. The fact is that it has more human interest, general knowledge and current events content than the world economy. In fact my favorite sections are Science & Technology and Books & Arts. The best writing in The Economist in my opinion is reserved for the Obituaries which almost makes the dead feel like its all worth it.

I am a subscriber and they have many features like the Audio Edition which contains word-for-word recordings of the issue. It is sold to non-subscribers for USD8-10 but subscribers get it for free. I love uploading it to my ipod and listening to the crisp diction of the narrator. I also have access to its rich online archive starting from 1997 I think. The Economist as an organization knows how to make its subscriber feel important. I get my saturday edition first thing on a saturday morning which is a feat considering its source. I also subscribe to other publications and none of them is as prompt as The Economist. Subscribing to The Economist is like joining an exclusive club that celebrates good writing.

I guess what sums up The Economist is what they print on each and every single issue "a severe contest between intelligence, which presses forward, and an unworthy, timid ignorance obstructing our progress."

The Economist is one of the reasons why I am such a big Anglophile. I suggest that you check out its webpage http://www.economist.com/

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbo View Post
    Which weekly newsmagazine would you subscribe? And why?
    Any of the two..as long as it's free sometimes they sent me one to three consecutve editions for free trial

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Added a poll to make this more interesting, taking cue from the thread title.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005

I subscribe to both Time and Newsweek. Keeps me up to date on current events worldwide.... I also encourage my kids to read a lot......

6808:frenchyf1:

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Thanks sir russpogi.

It seems the Economist is in another league if price is a consideration. Mas mahal.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    Another vote for The Economist. It is well written indeed, rich with the typical dry British Humour. Contrary to common perception, The Economist is not all about Finance and Economics. The fact is that it has more human interest, general knowledge and current events content than the world economy. In fact my favorite sections are Science & Technology and Books & Arts. The best writing in The Economist in my opinion is reserved for the Obituaries which almost makes the dead feel like its all worth it.

I am a subscriber and they have many features like the Audio Edition which contains word-for-word recordings of the issue. It is sold to non-subscribers for USD8-10 but subscribers get it for free. I love uploading it to my ipod and listening to the crisp diction of the narrator. I also have access to its rich online archive starting from 1997 I think. The Economist as an organization knows how to make its subscriber feel important. I get my saturday edition first thing on a saturday morning which is a feat considering its source. I also subscribe to other publications and none of them is as prompt as The Economist. Subscribing to The Economist is like joining an exclusive club that celebrates good writing.

I guess what sums up The Economist is what they print on each and every single issue "a severe contest between intelligence, which presses forward, and an unworthy, timid ignorance obstructing our progress."

The Economist is one of the reasons why I am such a big Anglophile. I suggest that you check out its webpage http://www.economist.com/
    Ah... I am not alone in my fascination for the Economists' obits after all.

Which weekly newsmagazine would you subscribe?