New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Use of naked power

HE was not contented having my program, “Isumbong Mo! (Tulfo Brothers),” taken off the air on the government-run RPN 9.

He was not satisfied after I resigned from station dwIZ, where I had my daily radio show, to relieve its owner, former Ambassador Antonio Cabangon Chua, of intense pressure from him.

He was not contented having all my Marine bodyguards, provided by President Macapagal-Arroyo, taken away.

He was not satisfied after filing libel cases against me and my brothers for exposing the alleged smuggling activities of the siblings Vicky and Tomas Toh. My publisher and editors at the Inquirer and its sister publication, Bandera, were also made respondents in the libel suits.

Now, my erstwhile close friend and confidant, First Gentleman Jose Miguel Arroyo, must be laughing his head off after the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) filed extortion cases yesterday against me and my brothers Erwin and Raffy.

I have taken everything in stride—being deprived of my TV and radio programs, having my bodyguards taken away from me, and then the libel suits Wednesday—but I have to admit the filing of extortion charges hurt.

The people who supposedly filed the extortion charges against me with the NBI, except for two, are not known to me. I haven’t seen or met them in person.

Davao City Customs Collector John Tan is my friend and fellow Mindanaoan. But he vehemently denied to me he had anything to do with the extortion charges.

Jimmy Salgado, a former correspondent of dwIZ, was my legman at the Bureau of Customs, gathering information of interest for my column. I dissociated myself from him a long time ago when I learned he was using my name.

Before he went into hiding, Salgado called me to say he was pressured by NBI Agent Reynaldo Esmeralda into fabricating a story about me and my brothers “to please FG.” FG stands for First Gentleman.

Salgado, who was crying as he told me about pressure from the NBI, asked my forgiveness before he hung up.

I have forgiven Jimmy and Rey Esmeralda, another friend and fellow Visayan, for persecuting me.

Jimmy and Rey, believe me, I understand!

But I can’t understand why the President’s husband would debase himself by throwing the toilet bowl, including what was in it, at me. His “dirty tricks” people have been spreading obscene caricatures of us, the Tulfo brothers, stark naked.

I can’t understand why he would order the NBI to fabricate a story about my supposed extortion activities at the customs bureau.

The President’s husband, who has everything at his fingertips, was my close friend and confidant. I could have taken advantage of that closeness by asking him for million-peso government contracts. I never did.

Why would I get “coffee money” from the customs when I had a well full of money and gold in front of me?

Mr. Arroyo, in filing those libel suits against me and the Inquirer and Bandera editors, was clearly sending a strong message: “Don’t mess with me.”

The message is meant for all journalists who in the future might write critical commentaries or stories about him and the First Family.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    bahala kayo sa buhay nyo! Buset!

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Magandang Laban to

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Reckless talaga ang mga Tulfo. Always shooting first before verifying anything.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    hehehehehe

he has more than 100 libel cases against him, its no time to go after someone like the first gentlemen on a time like this.

What was he thinking? even granting he is right, granting, he has most of his radio and tv shows on government run stations, and the security detail he has, all of this will be ofcourse be pulled out.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ayan nakahanap na ng katapat...

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    cge magbanatan lang kayo pareho ,
    kalkalan kayo ng baho ninyo pareho

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i can't wait for the outcome of this. hanggang gaano kaya kalalim ang makakalkal nila pareho?
    Last edited by boybi; September 9th, 2006 at 06:53 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    maganda toh

abangan ang sumbong...

at sususnod na kabanata...

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    :duel: :duel: maganda ito

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Tulfo Brothers vs FG