New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Star Movies seems to be in a slump. They've let go of the traditional cable movie channel standard of showing one whole movie without commercial breaks. So we're paying extra for something that's supposed to be free TV, with all of them commercials. That sucks!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto_minosa View Post
    Star Movies seems to be in a slump. They've let go of the traditional cable movie channel standard of showing one whole movie without commercial breaks. So we're paying extra for something that's supposed to be free TV, with all of them commercials. That sucks!
    All the premium channels are full of commercials. Discovery is filled with commercials for other Discovery channels... NatGeo is full of commercials for other NatGeo channels... HBO is filled with tons of commercials for Cinemax, HBO Family, and etcetera... Star Movies isn't any different... except, I suppose, that their commercials come in the middle of the movie.

But the commercials aren't that often... gives people with small bladders time to go to the bathroom between acts.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Yup. Sucks, very.

It's in the middle of the movie kasi.

Their commercials should be in between 2 movies not in between of 2 acts in one movie.

Pero, Niky's right. I sometimes take that opportunity to go to the bathroom without missing a part of the movie. Hehe, may advantage din pala.

I guess, I have to live with it. The commercial is not that long anyways.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Is that even permitted by law? Kasi, sa traditional cable movie channels hindi naman magsisingit ng commercial habang may movie. Yoko na tuloy manood ng Star Movies. I feel like I'm being ripped off.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto_minosa View Post
    Is that even permitted by law? Kasi, sa traditional cable movie channels hindi naman magsisingit ng commercial habang may movie. Yoko na tuloy manood ng Star Movies. I feel like I'm being ripped off.
    I don't think there's a law against cable advertising.

If STAR Movies isn't part of the "premium" package of your cable (and it usually isn't), then you can't do much about it.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

why pay for something free?!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by innoBOB[09JmtG] View Post
    why pay for something free?!
    illegal cable connection?

8. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    I don't think there's a law against cable advertising.

If STAR Movies isn't part of the "premium" package of your cable (and it usually isn't), then you can't do much about it.
    That sucks. Our cable doesn't give choices for customers...only "cheap" which doesn't have any movie channels, and "expensive" which does. We've got the one with movie channels, but the cable guys probably subscribed to the non-premium Star Movies.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    it really sucks... its like watching a movie on local channels. the only difference is less yung sa star movies.

nawawala yung momentum sa pagnood ng movie. right now, i dont even watch that channel kahit maganda movie. coz, i know that ill be pissed when the commercials come..

Star Movies...Movies...and lots of commercials.