New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 102 of 459 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 4582
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    just coz one exercises a lot doesn't mean he's immune to dropping dead

Does Marathon Running Increase the Risk of Cardiac Arrest? - The New York Times

Q. As a middle-aged male, does marathon running transiently increase my risk for cardiac arrest?

A. Marathon running can increase your risk of cardiac arrest in the short term, but it also lowers the overall likelihood that you will experience cardiac arrest or other heart problems, according to science, statistics and sports cardiologists.

“In general, endurance exercise substantially reduces the risk that someone will develop heart disease,” says Dr. Paul D. Thompson, emeritus chief of cardiology at Hartford Hospital in Connecticut and co-author of a three-volume textbook about sports cardiology.

Exercise does not prevent heart disease altogether, though, he says, and the hearts of marathon runners, like those of sedentary people, can harbor fatty plaques that may break free and block an artery, causing cardiac arrest.

Interestingly, the risks for runners are heightened by racing. According to most estimates, about one of every 100,000 marathon runners will experience cardiac arrest as an adult, but the incidence almost doubles during a marathon to about one of every 57,000 participants, presumably because the excitement and stress of racing place extra strain on the heart.
    Middle-aged male racers also seem to be the most vulnerable. Dr. Thompson was a co-author of a 2012 study that found that, between 2000 and 2010, 59 people racing a full- or half-marathon in the United States experienced cardiac arrest. Of those, 51 were middle-aged men, almost all competing in the marathon.

Another 2012 study, using survey data from marathon medical directors, concluded that the overwhelming majority of cases of cardiac arrest during races involve middle-aged men, most of whom collapse in the final four miles of the course.
    Last edited by uls; February 5th, 2020 at 12:36 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by peejay_07 View Post
    It's in the diet/lifestyle.

You should watch "The Game Changers", "Forks Over Knives", "What The Health" in Netflix.
    Game changer is biased, some of the info is wrong...like the strongman record holder...which he is not..there is only one sanctioned world strongest man contest..he'll be eaten alive there with the likes of thor, eddie and brian..and one thing more..diet takes a back seat to hormones..he's definitely taking something, vegan or not, trenbolone will make one stronger..like simeon panda...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_BIG18 View Post
    Game changer is biased, some of the info is wrong...like the strongman record holder...which he is not..there is only one sanctioned world strongest man contest..he'll be eaten alive there with the likes of thor, eddie and brian..and one thing more..diet takes a back seat to hormones..he's definitely taking something, vegan or not, trenbolone will make one stronger..like simeon panda...

of course there is bias. as most documentaries do. but there is a lot of truth in it too. "The Game Changers" is more focused on athletes and their performance. But I would suggest the other two, "Forks Over Knives" and "What The Health" for overall health and diseases awareness. And forgot to mention "Cowspiracy" too.

The best way to verify is to actually try it and just see the results. Then decide if it's good or beneficial to you...

4. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by vinrem View Post
    Sa pagkain natin yan ngayon kung bakit dami ng 40's pa lang ay namamatay na.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
    i fully agree bro. sobrang pagkahilig sa matamis at unli-kanin[emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    of course there is bias. as most documentaries do. but there is a lot of truth in it too. "The Game Changers" is more focused on athletes and their performance. But I would suggest the other two, "Forks Over Knives" and "What The Health" for overall health and diseases awareness. And forgot to mention "Cowspiracy" too.

The best way to verify is to actually try it and just see the results. Then decide if it's good or beneficial to you...
    Did most if not all of them....one totally sticks out, its eating on a deficit, whether its iifym, keto, vegan, IF, when it comes to calories, if you dont count it, you cant manage it..

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Whole Foods Plant Based diet.

Watch the Netflix' documentaries I listed above. They will answer your questions.
    I think that's the best (whole foods) but I don't agree with eliminating meat

Quote Originally Posted by monty_GTV View Post
    i fully agree bro. sobrang pagkahilig sa matamis at unli-kanin[emoji4]

Yeah I think anything that is artificial should be avoided pero para sakin extreme din ang KETO. IMO healthy meal yung protein na salt and pepper lang tapos gulay na boiled or fresh lang, nothing processed

7. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Did most if not all of them....one totally sticks out, its eating on a deficit, whether its iifym, keto, vegan, IF, when it comes to calories, if you dont count it, you cant manage it..

OMG, and I thought dati lakas ko na kumain hahaha

8. Join Date
    Apr 2012

i'll join mr. big pero without the kanin[emoji39]

9. Join Date
    Jul 2015

Im just teasing bro...very seldom do food challenges, around 2-3x a year pag may reunions, it leaves them scratching their heads why i dont get fat, little do they know i eat clean most of the time, as of the moment, I'm preparing my carbs for the day

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008

overkill yata yung sauce...